• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Serious lag since this week

VallyStarr

Dreamer
Hello, I have cities on Arendyll and Felyndral, playing on PC. Until recently, the game was smooth and perfectly responsive, a pleasure to play. Since this last week though, I'm having severe lag issues on both servers.

The game takes a long time to load, usually stalling for a while at 24/25 on the loading screen. During play the houses often get unresponsive and every window takes a long time to load. Things do seem to get better after a while, when most of the windows have loaded at least once, though all the responses to clicks, like collecting resources, are still slow and all the graphics effects are in slow motion.

I have already turned the effects to 'low', although I used to have them on 'high' with no problems, yet the game is still lagging severely.

I'm playing on Windows 10, using Firefox.

Any ideas? The way it is, the game is hardly any fun for me. :(

m4rt1n

Adept
You could try deleting your internet cache, or restarting your router.

I'm playing using win 10 and firefox and had similar issues the other week and that worked for me.

VallyStarr

Dreamer
I tried that, yet it helped only marginally, unfortunately.

What I did find out is, that lag almost disappears if I only have 1 city running at a given time. This didn't use to be the case, I liked to run both cities at once in separate tabs and loading the city every time I want to look at it is tedious, but I can at least play reasonably normally one city at a time.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Hello! What browser are you using when you're experiencing these performance issues?

m4rt1n

Adept
Can I add that now I am experiencing lag with the game, even when it's the only tab open and using firefox and win 10, all latest updates installed.

I never get lag usually but it is happening a lot since the event started.

Edit: Today I have noticed the lag build up over 30-60 minutes of play, then a full refresh and it's fine but then rebuilds over the same time period, especially if I fight a manual battle, and do a couple of visits. Seems the more I do the quicker the lag builds up.

Last edited:

VallyStarr

Dreamer
Hello! What browser are you using when you're experiencing these performance issues?

I'm using Firefox (59.0.1 (64-bit))
on Windows 10 Home 64-bit

This might or might not have something to do with it, but the lag issues started for me after the most recent Windows update. The update did mention something about Flash being updated as well.

m4rt1n

Adept
It has been ok for me now for a few hours after the game did a forced restart approximately 7pm GMT, so maybe they put out a fix. :)

VallyStarr

Dreamer
Update: I have found and turned off the Weather effects as well, even though I wouldn't say I have an 'older machine'. With everything else still on lowest settings as well, the game seems to be running smoothly again, even with both cities open at the same time. As such, the issue is so far resolved. :)

Thank you all for the concern, I'll be back if anything changes again.

DeletedUser5238

I must say i experience the same kind of problems since the day after the Fellowship adventure : the problems mostly occur when trying to mass collect coins or goods, and when trying to start new productions (thank god it only started after the FA), the game seems to "stutter" often. First i thought it was a game update that had caused it but we are now almost two weeks further, and the problems dont seem to improve.
I'm using Google Chrome Versie 65.0.3325.181