• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Separated trading and NH notification history

Trading and NH notification history should be separated from each other because if I trade a lot then it generates a lot of notifications in the history. This way I see less NH notifications and I lose the chance to give NH easily. Then I have to visit my neighbors one by one and give them NH which costs a lot of time.
Also, the history should display messages at least for the last 72 hours because many players don't give NH every or every other day.
Please don't offer that I use smartphone because it is not a solution.

Gargon667

Mentor
Until the make a whole new announcements/notification/messaging system i doubt there´ll be much change that involves added work for them.

As a much easier solution to fix the problem: Make the list longer, but I guess they´ve heard that before and choose not to change it.

What you can do: Post fewer trades, make them bigger instead, at least that is what I do.

Timneh

Artisan
The idea for extra tabs in notifications was put forward on the beta forum a long time ago and it was accepted by the devs but for some reason it still has not been introduced.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys!! My apologies I missed this one yesterday! Okay so i've done a bit of maths on this (now this is not my strong point so bear with me) So currently, the Notifications tab contains 60 Slots. If you take a full FS into account and daily help that takes 25 Slots leaving a further 35 for any other Notifications (notably Trades) but of course we also need to take into account any NH you do outside of your FS.... I guess if you're a "Big Tipper" that can fill easily based on the amount of external Neighbours you have and choose to Help.... Now a lot of this again will be down to choice. Some players will go that extra mile and help as many as they can, others will just stick to their FS.

We need to find a nice balance with this because of course there are players that would like the additional tabs, but then there are others that probably wouldn't be too keen on too many. From a personal perspective, the amount we have at the moment is a nice balance for me. I tend to find after the 5th Page ive not many left to help so it's just a click exercise. BUT given @Timneh has mentioned they already agreed to consider this, i'll forward the idea again for you guys and find out what they're up to with this.

How long ago did they say they would consider the idea @Timneh :)

Herodite.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
We need to find a nice balance with this because of course there are players that would like the additional tabs, but then there are others that probably wouldn't be too keen on too many.
Hmm, I'd be interested to see a poll on that. I'd be willing to bet 99% of players would like to see 2 notification queues if it meant the trade stuff could stay separate from everything else and you could see 10 pages of who has helped you. Some people may also be happy to turn the trade notifications off altogether, given the chance, if it meant they could see double of everything else.

I guess if you're a "Big Tipper" that can fill easily based on the amount of external Neighbours you have and choose to Help.... Now a lot of this again will be down to choice. Some players will go that extra mile and help as many as they can, others will just stick to their FS.
Surely it's all your friends and neighbours that need to be big tippers, rather than yourself! :)

What you can do: Post fewer trades, make them bigger instead, at least that is what I do.

this is what I have to do and it is not good..

So currently, the Notifications tab contains 60 Slots. If you take a full FS into account and daily help that takes 25 Slots leaving a further 35 for any other Notifications (notably Trades) but of course we also need to take into account any NH you do outside of your FS

You don't have to be a big tipper.

25 members of an FS can give 24 NH. If they do it every day then it is:
- 48 NH in 2 days +5 trades = 53 (7 slots left)
- 72 NH in 3 days +10 trades = 82 (-22 slots left)

If you have 15-20 active neighbors who don't give NH every other day then you can see that they won't be in that 60 slots limited list.

Some people may also be happy to turn the trade notifications off altogether, given the chance, if it meant they could see double of everything else.

it is okay if it is a setting in the UI and player can decide to activate or deactivate it. But I wouldn't agree to disable it globally. I send a thank you message very often when somebody helps me out with a trade and I also get messages thanking that I took their trade.
It would kill this social interaction between the players.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Why can’t the trades taken not be displayed under the trader menus? Say for last 48 hrs up to the number you can post trades. You will know exactly where to look for it and it will be separate from the NH list.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Why can’t the trades taken not be displayed under the trader menus? Say for last 48 hrs up to the number you can post trades. You will know exactly where to look for it and it will be separate from the NH list.

@BlueBlou what i've done is raised this as 2 separate ideas. Now may I just ask you guys.... lets say for example our developers agree to a separate notification window for Trades.... would 10 Pages still be enough for NH Notifications? Or are you suggesting more pages in addition to a separate tab for trades? This is just so there is no misunderstanding!

Gargon667

Mentor
I don´t see hoe more pages would be a problem for players? One doesn´t have to go to the end of it if one doesn´t want to.

So unless it causes trouble for the game for whatever reason i would say more is better.

Another idea would be to sort out duplicates, that way fewer pages would still be more relevant notifications.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
This was the very first idea that was forwarded to the devs, when the introduced the "polling system"

The very first idea....... :S

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I actually went to count how many notices in NH list. Only got to 33. I am playing on app and it included trade notices. I have no idea if this will differ between devices too.

Deleted User - 1829734

I would love to see this as well!

While yes you can post bigger trades and then not have so many, I like to post a range of large to small trades so the smaller players have some to pick from as well.

Timneh

Artisan
How long ago did they say they would consider the idea @Timneh

Sorry for the delay in answering but I have been a bit busy. I believe the idea was approved towards the end of 2016. Like I said above, it was a long time ago and nothing has been mentioned since.

lets say for example our developers agree to a separate notification window for Trades.... would 10 Pages still be enough for NH Notifications?

However it is also useful I am less interested about the trading log. My point is to make visible all the possible NH I can give and not to lose any active connection only because the number of the slots are limited. Because it takes time to build up connection with the neighbors. It is much harder to play this game without strong and active neighbors. That is why I support them.

I think it is also okay if they don't change the behavior of the current Notification system. Not even its size.
But add a new list which contains all the NH that I can give to my fellows or the neighbors. Once I gave an NH to someone that row disappears from the list. So I see only the active ones and don't see any duplication. Like Gargon667 mentioned it above.

Another idea would be to sort out duplicates, that way fewer pages would still be more relevant notifications.

Last edited:

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Don’t know how anything can be a duplicate. Actions may be from the same player, but it happens at different times, so therefor unique. If I do check for activity from a certain player, I like to see those time stamps.

I must admit, I have favorite neighbours whom I have started talking to over time and quite likely as a result of a trade. Whenever I do tourney and I go past their city, they get a NH tap, irrespective of whether they were on my NH list or not.

Gargon667

Mentor
What I meant with duplicates is the same neighbour being in the list twice. I only need the newest one,