• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sending mail system needs to change

I find something frustrating and was hoping there's an answer in the near future for this dilemma. Its sending out mail to members you wish to chat to in our own or other FS. If you had a tick box at the side of each name in this sector, then we could choose who and how many players to send info to without having to type in weird names of the players. Its surprising you have this old style of sending messages anyway. Great if you want everyone to get it but frustrating if you just wish mage or higher to read it. Please see if you can do something about it and come into the 21st century :p

Pauly7

Magus
I assume you play on the browser. Strangely, what you ask for already exists on the mobile app, but they often don't port the features from one platform over to the other.

Anyway, the messaging system needs to be completely ditched and overhauled. That has been the case for the last 5 years, but they haven't done anything to change it since then, certainly not on the browser.

SkyRider99

Immortal
My fellowship only sends a mail message if it is a reply to one I have sent it first. Well, 98% of the time anyway. I assume it is because the messaging mechanism is kludgy and not worth their bother. There could be other reasons too of course :cool:

An updated, improved messaging system may involve much more IT infrastructure and support than is feasible. Inno have greatly improved the Notifications system though. Normally I have to be grateful for small mercies :)