• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Runes for AWs that are already built

Susie49

Soothsayer
What happens to runes that you get for AWs that you have already built and want to keep? I still seem to be winning these runes and would really like to recycle them to make broken shards!

DeletedUser3097

What happens to runes that you get for AWs that you have already built and want to keep? I still seem to be winning these runes and would really like to recycle them to make broken shards!
When you upgrade from level 5 to 6, you will need these runes:

To upgrade any Ancient Wonder to its level 6 you will face a new Rune Circle that requires 9 new Runes to be revealed and activated as the architectural magic of your ancestors takes a new turn! After this, from level 6 to level 10, the Ancient Wonder will again need Knowledge Points investment and the mix of the magic relics. The full process repeats itself in the following Ancient Wonder's levels.
Wiki Ancient Wonders

This repeats every 5 levels: level 5 to 6, level 10 to 11 etc.

upgrade 5 to 6.png

cwgiii

Shaman
Plus, during those intervals, you will have the opportunity to "recycle" many of the rune shards into broken shards. I specifically target this as a feature to be able to complete the "circle" of runes for a new AW that I really want. By keeping an existing AW (or multiple AWs) at one of these levels (5, 10, 15, etc.), I have a pending source of broken shards to tap when I really need that elusive last one for a much wanted new AW.

DeletedUser5976

However it would be nice to have a special structure in your AW menu just to break shards you no longer need for the distant distant day that you max an AW, but keep getting the shards that then really become useless.