• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Rune Shards

DeletedUser358

Hello everyone.
Right now, the only way to get rune shards are by finding them in a province you're conquering or through Ancient Wonders levelling up rewards.

It would be really nice if we could have a small (5%-10%) random chance to be able to get a Rune Shard when visiting and helping our fellow neighbours/fellowship members.

This feature is available in FoE (via random blueprints) and I think everyone, especially lower level players would greatly benefit from this feature.

Additionally, it would give neighbours and fellowship members even more incentive to visit and help.

Thanks,
NecroDee..

DeletedUser277

Whilst I thought we were trying to avoid this game becoming an 'Elfy' clone of FoE, I do really like this idea. Personally I think your 'after thought' benefit is the most important, anything that encourages a few more people to provide neighbourly help would be welcomed by me!

DeletedUser

Whilst I thought we were trying to avoid this game becoming an 'Elfy' clone of FoE, I do really like this idea.
I completely agree here. While it would be nice to see Elvenar take on completely new approaches, this is a simple, yet fair and balanced option to increase the chance of getting shards. Thereby adding further incentive to give neighbourly help is a great bonus on top.

Regarding such, I'll give this my support: +1

However!: I would really like to see something get implemented that requires a bit more thought from the player when it comes to acquiring rune shards. For example having to go through conquered/completed provinces again and perform some kind of task that requires more than just a simple click, and in return gives a higher chance for a reward. Credit goes to s5carrot for mentioning such a suggestion in another thread.

Deleted User - 50840

It would be really nice if we could have a small (5%-10%) random chance to be able to get a Rune Shard when visiting and helping our fellow neighbours/fellowship members.
Very good and sensible idea, but I would change it to a broken shard (10 of which can be used to create ANY AW rune) and reduce the percentage to 2% - 5% or less. The AW's is really intended as another moneytrap and as such the devs will never make it easy to acquire for non paying players.

Deleted User - 13667

I would say that is the failure of the Ancient Wonders. The money guzzling requirement is too obvious(Its 200 diamond a pop).

If this AW add-on is meant for paying players, non-players would likely leave after achieving a certain level in the game. It would result in high changeover rate with slow incoming crowd.

It would have been better if the Diamond players had a different set of Ancient Wonders in terms of bonus and outlook.

For an online game to be popular, you need people to play. Only when there are lots of people would there be some who would want some kind of an edge over the rest. This is the very basics of MMO games