• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Rotating buildings etc..

Missile64

Novice
Is there a way to rotate buildings on mobile. Would like to make the most of my layout by being able to rotate residences, culture items etc…

Jake65

Sage
Short answer: No :)
Part of the challenge of the game is that you can't rotate buildings and, just when you've got everything to fit, the buildings change shape when you upgrade them :D
Mobile has an advantage over PC in that you can 'hide' the buildings to get a better view of the layout.

i've learned to factor in spaces as I build, and treasure the 6x6 or 5x5 opening I sometimes achieve by dumping older buildings or just grouping them together. I have often wished we could opt for a 'holding' space of a predetermined size...when you know what you have and will need (as in those four and five piece collections)

Pauly7

Magus
It won't help your problem, but it helps ease the frustration to understand that this game is not three dimensional. It may look to be, but everything is just a flat picture. Nothing can be rotated because nothing exists on the sides you cannot see.

Sir Derf

Adept
I've pointed this out before, but if INNO wanted, they could implement rotated buildings with no additional graphical design and trivial coding... horizontal flipping of the graphics would change 1x2 buildings into 2x1 buildings, etc. If they were to do this, I would suggest that they adda Twix Factory, so that we could have both Left Side and Right Side factories.

I'm not saying that they should, just that they could. I think the fixed footprints are an integral part of the game.