• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

RISE UP! RISE UP! Against Unfair Trading.

Jedicris

Adventurer
I am totally fed up and frustrated with the preponderance of UNFAIR TRADES, especially in the Sentient Goods.
All I see are zero and one star trades, some at ridiculous ratios.

What makes it even worse is that my two star trades never get taken, in order to trade I have to post three star trades.
This is rife across all three EN servers.

People can only get away with unfair trading while others take those trades. I REFUSE to take unfair trades and ask ALL of you to join me in this.

BOYCOTT ALL UNFAIR TRADES. We can then return to decent trading.

RISE UP! RISE UP! NOW!

Timneh

Artisan
I love it when players post all those ridiculousy high cost trades because it means my trades normally get taken within an hour or two. My trades are two star so i don't know why yours don't get taken.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
I love it when players post all those ridiculousy high cost trades because it means my trades normally get taken within an hour or two. My trades are two star so i don't know why yours don't get taken.
decent on the part of the map he is located? i also put 2 star trades and i can not trade
so i trade internal in the fellowships while other members when post a trade a few hours later someone pick them up

my friend in Spanish server was waiting 3 days for someone to pick up his fair trade

so depending where you are on map, and who is around you your experience trading will be different.

Timneh

Artisan
Sorry i should have said that i was talking about sentient goods, my apologies for the confusion. I can nearly always get enough normal goods from taking other peoples trades but i understand that might be different if you are in a unpopulated part of the world map.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
decent on the part of the map he is located? i also put 2 star trades and i can not trade
so i trade internal in the fellowships while other members when post a trade a few hours later someone pick them up

my friend in Spanish server was waiting 3 days for someone to pick up his fair trade

so depending where you are on map, and who is around you your experience trading will be different.

You have no sentient goods tho, it is not the same :p

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Just a thought, does everyone have their settings to be able to be automatically moved on the world map? as this can help with active trading neighbours?

Hekata

Artisan
@Jedicris There are really some ridiculous trades for sentient goods. I currently see 1584 moonstone for 127k platinum and others just as ludicrous. I have never seen that kind of trades for the regular goods. I am sure no one takes them and that those players count with accidental clicks. It does happen form time to time.
I think we should have either a limit how high those ratio can go or some kind of warning that we are about to accept a very unfair trade (let's say it pops up when you have clicked on a 0 stars trade) or as we have asked before a filter to filter out the 0 stars.
As for your problem it does happen from time to time that trades don't get accepted for a very long time. I think happens because we trade with the whole map so the old offers get quickly pushed down by new ones. Players usually take the first offer they can afford. So it's better to repost your offers every day than to let them sit there for days.

@Silmaril Since sentient goods are traded across the whole map the position of the city on the map doesn't really matter.
And since you've mentioned it I can say that the system to move cities doesn't really work. I have a second city stuck in a very empty neighbourhood for over a year now with the "automatically move" option enabled. I used to have an entirely empty neighbourhood with maybe 4 cities in sight and was not moved. And now instead of moving my active city I keep getting new beginner cities around me (90% already dead) so I can't even collect fast from the money pits. I read on Beta that they have improved the system now but I'm not holding my breath :)

Last edited:

QFol2

Conjurer
@Silmaril where can you see that setting in the app version? I tried to find it for one of my fs members but couldn't spot it. It's easy enough to find in the browser game.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Hekata We have indeed just improved the system due to the amount of inactivity in some area's. Some players are only active for 1-2x per week as opposed to some of us that are morning, noon and night players so this can be more tricky to balance out the definition of 'active' But changes are afoot :)

Pauly7

Magus
There's no such thing as an "unfair trade". If you see one you don't like then don't take it. Yes, there are tons of ridiculous trading offers for sentient goods. I believe it is people hoping someone will accidentally click them.

With sentient I only trade at exactly like for like, two stars and they are always taken within 5 minutes, so I don't share your difficulty.

Timneh

Artisan
@Silmaril It is so long ago that i joined the game i can not remember what the default setting is for auto move. If the default is not to allow auto move does that mean that app only players will not get any benefit from the proposed changes because they will not get moved to a better place on the world map ? In fact they could be worse off because they might find themselves surrounded by dead cities.

@Pauly7 I think when people talk of fair and unfair trades they are talking about what the game classes as fair and unfair. At least that is what i mean when i say fair or unfair.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

people dont understand the simple concept of supply and demand that dictates every market, real or virtual.
if your good is in high supply/low demand and you want a good thats more highly demanded, offer a deal better than 1for1 or else YOU are the one making an unfair trade.
every good has a different level of supply and demand so every good has a different value.
people that have had their brains polluted by certain kinds of propaganda can try to deny that but thats what has determined prices since the beginning of mankind.
another thing to consider is that if you can't get the trades you need, your fellowship is either too weak to help you or doesn't care. you probably need a better one.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I think it depends on what you want to achieve in the game. If it is improtant to you to add another handful of goods to your already huge pile, then of course you must follow the rules of supply and demand. Squeeze every good out of your fellows, it'll make you richer :rolleyes:

Elvenar is not the real world thankfully. Unfair trading (as per star rating) doesn't buy you any advantages, the concept doesn't allow for much profit. But it might hurt your neigbors to the extent that they give up their cities. Nothing to win but much to loose.

No unfair trade from me - live and let live

DeletedUser

I think it depends on what you want to achieve in the game. If it is improtant to you to add another handful of goods to your already huge pile, then of course you must follow the rules of supply and demand. Squeeze every good out of your fellows, it'll make you richer :rolleyes:

Elvenar is not the real world thankfully. Unfair trading (as per star rating) doesn't buy you any advantages, the concept doesn't allow for much profit. But it might hurt your neigbors to the extent that they give up their cities. Nothing to win but much to loose.

No unfair trade from me - live and let live

Indeed, trading is meant to echange goods, and where the case may be, help a fellow who is just starting (for example might have too few manufactories) so that he/she may create a reasonable stock to progress faster. It isn't unusual for fellowship members to ask each other for lower trades intra-fellowship for this reason.

DeletedUser4149

for those who value tournaments and don't use push accounts for extra kp, there is a lot to gain and it can come at the expense of neighbors and be used to help supply your fellows. people in my fellowships almost never had issues getting trades and were taught how to make the tradehouse work for them, which has the added benefit of saving valuable seeds during elementals, for example

the wiki page titled "what this game is about" tells us that we can become skilled and famous traders and to develop the most efficient economies as possible. it seems that most players missed that and the fun that can be had from trading well. i enjoyed trading about as much as i enjoyed combat. this game would have been much more boring for me w/o it.

on 2 separate occasions, i made 300k net profits in 24 hours and that was only counting T3 for T3 trades. i seriously wonder if any of you did anything similar or if you have ever even heard of anyone making profits like that. i know i'm sounding like a conceited a-hole right now, but i'd really like to know if i was the most skilled and famous trader on this server before i quit this game, which will be very soon. considering that 90%+ of the fellowships out there seem to have "shoot yourself in the foot and dont get yourself ahead" trading policies, i think trading like that probably was unique here. if you wanna hear the long version of this, look for my post in the lounge titled"300k" or something similar

so, RainbowElvira, you're wrong. if done well, the concept does allow for much profit and plenty of advantages. you can't say trading profits aren't much when they surpass a city's total production in a 24 or 48 hour period. this happened often in my cities. this also gave plenty of advantages to my teammates because they could exchange a large volume of goods very quickly through me, sometimes even while i wasn't even online.