• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rinse and repeat

DeletedUser

I think that the option to repeat the last quest in the optional quest line would be a major improvement. For example I have eight tree farms each producing in excess of 1k /round. In order to maximize my supplies gain I must click the reject button on unwanted quests for close to two minutes to return to the "GAIN 4000 PLANKS" quest. This is extreamly boring and frankly the one irritation which is likely to cause me to quit this game.
A simple repeat quest button or a change in the coding to redisplay the last quest on completion would save hours
This suggestion also applies in spades to the fellowship quest events

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I suggested that a couple of months ago in another thread. There is talk of a complete redesign of the quest selection process, when that will happen I have no idea.

I always had the suggestions from above in my mind and for sure thousands of others like the idea. We wait and see . One plays for fun and if there is something boring then the fun may turn to frustration .

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Couldn't agree more :)

My point is just that Inno already have (slow moving) plans to change this. Fingers crossed.

Deleted User - 1634960

Wlile there are plans to revamp the quest system, it is not likely to include something like this. A couple of years ago there was an attempt to change the rotating quest system so that players could not repeatedly complete the same quest. This created such an uproar in Beta that the idea never made it to the live servers. Given that the developers do not really like people hammering the same quest over and over, it is unlikely that they will make it much easier (personally, I would prefer not to have to click twice to decline a quest). ;)

DeletedUser3451

I hate the idea of doing one quest over and over. If it depends on me, no quest would be doable twice.

DeletedUser3735

Wlile there are plans to revamp the quest system, it is not likely to include something like this. A couple of years ago there was an attempt to change the rotating quest system so that players could not repeatedly complete the same quest. This created such an uproar in Beta that the idea never made it to the live servers. Given that the developers do not really like people hammering the same quest over and over, it is unlikely that they will make it much easier (personally, I would prefer not to have to click twice to decline a quest). ;)

DeletedUser3735

Unfortunately they have designed a lopsided game which leaves no choice other than to cycle through the quests in order to meet the need for supplies. As I see it there are only three options:
1. back down and make cycling practical
2. double the output of workshops
3. make troops less expensive to produce

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
This has been requested for as long as the quest system has been there. Everyone who plays the game wishes for it, or some version of it (e.g. picking quests from a drop down menu). The truth of the matter is, it would be fairly easy for the game developers to change this, but they don't want to. They see all the little annoyances as being part of the game. They actively create who new finicky processes to add to the 'problem'. A good example is on the mobile app. There were several things on the mobile app that were loads quicker an easier to do. The devs are one by one inserting new clicks and processes to slow everyone down and make it more frustrating.

I think that I understand why they do it - they think that people will find the game more rewarding if players have to "work" more for all the little day to day things that they do. Personally I think it's misguided (or uninventive). They should have more intelligent ways to draw processes out and make them feel rewarding, beyond just adding lots of button presses and making people cycle round and round the same quests.

Devs: If you are reading this, it is the one aspect of this game that feels like Dante's 7th Circle of Hell from The Divine Comedy.

Sorry. That was way too over-dramatic! :)

DeletedUser219

Unfortunately they have designed a lopsided game which leaves no choice other than to cycle through the quests in order to meet the need for supplies. As I see it there are only three options:

"They" have designed a game which requires forethought (planning), and a certtain flexibility in those plans. It is not "their" fault that you are continually running short of Supplies, it is a fault in a city someone else (could it be you?) has built. Why should "they" do anything to help you overlook a faulty design.

DeletedUser6357

If you have built your city's economy properly, it will be powerful and highly effective.
Then you will not be interested in what is written in the quest line, because you will have everything you need.
The game has many drawbacks, but that is not the case.

DeletedUser3781

4. make special kind of spells that instantly add supplies to your inventory. Those could be called, hmm, maybe instants or something...
:rolleyes: