• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Research Tree - I don't build planks or iron, am I forced to research them?

MysticPT

Seeker
Hi,

I don't have any factories for iron or planks, I'm I forced to research them?
Is there anyway to skip and not do that research?

I was not able to understand this. Is this a research tree but we can only research the order of it, right?

I would expect if we have 3 side by side that we could only be allowed to research 1 of them...

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
MysticPT

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@MysticPT you will need to research them for the higher chapters of the game. Same applies for the Tier 2 and Tier 3 goods.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Yep, it's silly, but you have to do them still. They advise us to not build any non-boosted manufactories, but then make us complete research in them nonetheless. They sort of become relevant in later chapters, as @Solanix says, but the much better thing would be to ask us to complete a research at that point, to produce whichever boosted good it is. Technically you shouldn't need to learn how to produce steel or planks, when the sentient goods are platinum or tree gum, even though they use the same manufactory.

MysticPT

Seeker
Thank you for your quick feedback / answer...

honestly... I believe that this should be review...
In my humble opinion a research tree is all about that... leaving some tech behind to do other ones...
Of course later one we could go back to research it.

but right now... this is annoying having to research two researches that I don't care or want (at least for now.)

Thank you.

Gargon667

Mentor
Don´t worry it gets much worse soon enough!

Later instead of having to do 3 techs to do the 4 levels of your boosted factories, you will have to do 4 techs (1 for each level!).

At least early on the techs are simple to activate, and the only downside is the annoyance of having to do them, all I can say is: enjoy it while it lasts!