• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Research] Extra Uses for Knowledge Points

DeletedUser23

[Summary] - Once tech tree is completed, there should be another use for KP.

[Details] - I'm not sure what type of system could be implemented. I know FoE for example have Great Buildings which you can level up with their equivalent to Knowledge Points. I'm not necessarily asking for such a big feature as that currently though.

Even the option to spend the points on a minor amount of goods/coins/supplies etc, even incorporating them into the Wholesaler would be alright. Not enough to affect balance, but *some* use. You could have extra upgrade systems to buildings implemented, though that would mean a greater degree of effect on balance.

The suggestion is simply something to spend them on, rather than the example options I listed above.

[Reasons for implementing] - Given how KP accrue every hour, plus for every won battle, there is an unlimited time-gated source for these points. Yet right now there's a hard-capped limit to how many can be spent.

[Impact on other game features] - Depending on what system is chosen, balance could be affected. There will be a fine line between having something to spend KP on, and having balance affected in such a way that it becomes necessary to spend them.

DeletedUser

Yes, it seems like it'll be a waste of KP that you could've used in a productive way. For us, playing on this server, we've all got a little way to go, but eventually that time will come where we've reached the end. Perhaps, new technologies are in the works and they'll be released at some point in the near future? If not, I think it'd be nice to unlock the ability to use your knowledge points on other aspects of the game - considering you've come all this way and dedicated a fair chunk of time to the game.

I guess there should be a list of ideas just in case your idea is considered.. Perhaps, spending KP on training units, unlocking some new buildings (however, this would probably be implemented in the tech tree, like other buildings..).

What I've just thought of is when guilds/fellowships/clan whatever you want to call them are implemented, being able to throw in some KP to discover for boss fights/new areas to explore for bonuses to your production rate. E.g let's say your clan has a boss fight against a 3 headed rabid dog, in order to fight this, you have to spend a certain amount of KP to unlock the fight. Just some examples thrown around. In addition to this, the incorporation of new buildings for your guild members only once you've unlocked these special buildings using your KP (it won't be making it too easy for the new players to freeload and unlock these new buildings because there would still have to be a certain amount of resources/supplies/gold spent in order to use them, similar to the tech tree.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23

It came to mind really because I'm almost at the point now where I am approaching the end of the tech tree (on beta server).

I really like the idea of Guild unlocks; depending of course on what their plans are. I know in FoE you have various unlocks with small bonuses available to guilds (things like quicker building times or 2% extra production etc) which, if requiring a large number of KP from members, would be a good sink.

There are a few games, mostly MMOs, which after reaching maximum level, they give you an alternative use for experience. These unlocks are relatively minor in strength, and take a long time to unlock, but is at least better than getting nothing. Hopefully they can do that here as well. Then even if they add in new technologies, this type of system can still be involved, just 'on hold' until you've unlocked the new techs.

DeletedUser

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens, unless we get some direct feedback somewhere on the forums in relation to this. According to others, fellowships (guilds) will be implemented soon. Obviously, not much is known about them, but there's a chance that there is a similar system to the one we're talking about (using KP for unlocks [potentially combining supplies/coins/goods to unlock things as well as KP]).

I just hope part of the team comes across this and decides that it'd be worth including in the game. It's one of the best ideas to me as it's not just about not having anything to spend KP on at the end of the tech tree, but there are countless amount of uses you can do with them, even without finishing the tech tree - this way you have alternative options on what you'd like to spend your KP on.

DeletedUser317

I love the idea of using KP for unlocking power ups in the guilds, i think that's a great idea! i think that that adea could apply to the relics to! We have so many relics that we don't use.. maybe donating them to the guild could up our productions? That'd be great!

Deleted User - 13667

It would be nice to have some sort of minor power up for fellowships. Regardless whether it is using KP or others.

Please do not make this effect exclusive to diamond users. :)