• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Research chapter 2

Tregor

Novice
i have just researched the silk production boost and the next item is city expansion 5 but it will not let me add knowledge points here. Instead it looks like i have to go back to Training grounds and Cerberus and complete that section. I dont want to do the army research, but concentrate on goods, so i researched the bottom strand of items as in my screenshot. Going back to the start of chapter 2, i researched squad size upgrade 4 and advanced barracks before i realised there were two strands to the chapter. Is there a way round this?
Screenshot-2017-11-2 Elvenar.jpg

Deleted User - 106219

There isn't. You have to complete the other branch of research too, whether you want to, or not. Sorry.

cwgiii

Shaman
However, later on, there are some military research items that are optional (not connected to anything else going forward).

cwgiii

Shaman
As has been pointed out in a different thread, there are valid reasons not to complete some of the voluntary tech. Squad size is an example for those that choose not to fight encounters. If you choose to cater all encounters, there is no need for upgraded military units. And each increase in squad size increases your item cost to cater. In that case, it really is best to minimize the number of squad upgrades to research.

On the flip side, Inno has decided on a few occasions to add to the tech tree and/or rearrange it after the fact (poor planning, IMHO). So, it is always a possibility that we will have to go back and do research regardless, even if we complete everything as we go.