• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Report player

Silvermaiden

Dreamer
Could anyone let me know that if you've had to report a player for personal messages does the block on them last for a set period of time or indefinitely? Does this hold if they've left the FS?

SkyRider99

Immortal
Hi @Silvermaiden. Welcome to the forum.

I seem to recall that I reported someone once or twice only. Most Elvenari are decent folk in my experience.

I will admit to using the 'ignore' feature in the forum. And again it is rarely needed. But much appreciated though. :)

I have not noticed any time limit. And I think the block applies to a given player name, whether they are in your FS or not. Someone else could confirm perhaps.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Welcome, @Silvermaiden! I've been around these parts for a while, and although there's little reporting which really needs doing in Elvenar, which is of course a good thing, I do seem to recall someone else asking a similar question a while back, and I believe the official answer back then was that if you do Report any other player, they will be blocked from your own sight in-game immediately, which includes both existing and future incoming messages from that player. I don't know if you can block a member of your own Fellowship - but probably not (you can't in most online games - after all, if that were necessary, I'm guessing one or other player would really need to leave the group, to be honest).

However, when it comes to how long such a block may last, there are many reasons why players may Report (or block) each other in any game, including honest mistakes and language misunderstandings - especially on the International Server (the official Forum language here is English but not all of the EN Server community is English-speaking, by any means).

However, I also believe the reply stated that it's a complicated matter - depending on the circumstances - so all Reports actually go automatically to the Support staff, who will then decide what to do in any given situation, if it's anything more than maintain the automatic block which will happen the moment you use Report (there's an in-game confirmation dialog for that, too).

However, I'm not a Moderator, so I'm going to tag our friendly local Mod (hello @Herodite!) for proper confirmation of this. She's ever busy with this Forum and its sub-Forums, and more too, but also vigilant and really helpful, and no doubt she'll spot this tag when she's next around and will get back to you soon, if things aren't already sorted out by then, one way or the other.

Just for info - if you should need to contact Support directly for any reason, even though the Moderators here will also either pass on your queries or direct you to Support, if needed, there's a direct Support link marked with a ? icon, within the Settings Menu in the bottom right of the main City Window (on browser - I'm not sure about mobile).

Hope you're enjoying the game so far! :)

PS : I do know that the Forum 'Ignore' feature can be enabled and disabled at will, but really not sure about in-game. I've never had to use either.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
PS : That's a lovely avatar, if I may say so, Silvermaiden!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
You Rang! @Laurelin :D

Just to add my own pennyworth in, yes the "Block" will be indefinite no matter where you go within Elvenar @Silvermaiden

I hope this reassures you. I personally do not want any Player to feel uncomfortable or be placed in an awkward position by others!

P.s. I agree, that is a lovely Portrait! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.