• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Production of Apprentices in Wisdom Square too low

DeletedUser441

The number of Apprentices coming in per hour/day is too low to be able to keep all Faculties busy at all times. I suggest increasing the number. It may be that the developers did this intentionally , but I doubt it ! It is further proof to me that the development team do not actually play the game seriously themselves.:( :rolleyes:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Yep, it annoyed me when I was in S + D too. In any other chapter, half the trick is getting production balanced between different guest race buildings so that you have no idle time. In S + D you can't do anything about apprentice production, so just have to live with it :(

Deleted User - 106219

Yep, 294 is the max Appretices you can get, so all you can do is level up your Blooming Trader Guild to get the most out of the Apprentices you do get.

DeletedUser441

I only have 222 per day as I've only built 3 of each Faculty. As the number required for any Seminar is 43 , having an extra 72 per day by building 4 of each (waste of space) makes it even worse as you have an extra 3 Faculties to keep busy, Ridiculous ! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser6357

Yep, 294 is the max Appretices you can get, so all you can do is level up your Blooming Trader Guild to get the most out of the Apprentices you do get.
Mmmmm, no.
For inconceivable reasons, the Wisdom Square is not influenced by the Blooming Trader Guild.
Probably by oversight by the developer team.
Very often I have the feeling that this game is made by different people who have no (or little) in common with each other.
There has been a moderator in this topic for almost a month, and no developer or game manager has made any comments. Lovely! :))))
Today I was just doing the calculations for this chapter and found that a faculty was superfluous - no apprentices needed to do it.
But if I sell a faculty, then the number of apprentices will become even smaller ... :confused:

Deleted User - 106219

Yes, but the faculties are. That means you can make more graduates out of your apprentices with the Trader Guild.
Exactly, that's what I meant when I was talking about the BTG.

DeletedUser6357

This does not quite solve the problem - the shortage of apprentices.
Let's look at things theoretically-applied. I can not think purely theoretically because I have BTG and I do not know the numbers without it.
I teach in a faculty of 43 apprentices once every 10 hours.
This makes it possible to train 103.2 apprentices for 24 hours each day.
I separate one faculty of each type for apprentice training.
3 faculties * 103.2 = 309.6 apprentices.
The square of wisdom gives 294 apprentices. There is a shortage of 15.6 apprentices.
But that's not all.
I teach in a faculty of 43 graduates at once - 20 hours.
This makes 51.6 graduates for 24 hours each day.
Of the 12 faculties I have, 3 already teach apprentices. I'm left 9 free.
9 faculties * 51.6 = 464.4 graduates.
1 apprentice received 1,2307692308 graduates.
For the possible 464.4 graduates I need 377,325 apprentices a day.
But the square of wisdom gives 294 apprentices ...

If BTG was acting on the Square of Wisdom (and from Inno games we are constantly exhorting us to build and develop the Ancient Wonders!), I would get 336 (335.16) apprentices. And it would only be up to me to make this number bigger.

cwgiii

Shaman
There has been a moderator in this topic for almost a month, and no developer or game manager has made any comments. Lovely! :))))

I may be wrong, but I do not believe I have ever seen a dev or game manager post on the Forum for this game (at least not disclosed as such).

The process, as I understand it, is that the mods collect/distill information from the forums and convey that info to the devs/managers. That info is considered, decisions are made, and feedback is sometimes filtered back to the Forums through the mods (not always), sometimes through the support team, sometimes addressed on the now defunct Inno TV, sometimes distributed in game, sometimes via combination of the above, and sometimes may not be communicated at all (changes just made, or not made). Of course, the devs/managers may peruse the Forums from time to time (I assume), but I believe it has been made clear that they do not claim to use the Forum as a direct tool to gather or distribute information at all (for good or bad).

Regardless, for any issue up for discussion (including the wisdom square production), there may be decision points, strategic influences, impacts, etc. that players have idea about.

DeletedUser441

Quite simply , the low number of Apprentices causes a slower progression through S & D. This might also encourage players to spend more kps on their AWs , as the Dev's want.:)

DeletedUser3781

I'd like to add this problem never happened to me. I had a full S&D build, but never had to leave my faculties idle. It could be that I was logging in less frequently than others, but also I've been upgrading my faculties prior to upgrading portal. More faculties levels means more apprentices. Perhaps this is the way to go? Did someone run the numbers for it?

DeletedUser441

The numbers work out so that having all Faculties building 24/7 is impossible. Building four of each makes it worse.

cwgiii

Shaman
As others have noted, I did have some idle time here. But, I did not view this as a disaster. It simply means I did the best I could do. There was a limiting factor built in, I dealt with it and moved on. As with many things in this game, patience is a virtue. Plan on the best possible strategy, execute it, and be happy with what CAN be done to progress. Life is not "balanced" perfectly either.

DeletedUser6357

When a picture says a thousand words ...

aprent.jpg

DeletedUser6357

quit the game
I have often wondered why the games have left her in the upper chapters?
When I got to them, I understood why - from Inno games we are told directly "Go to hell!"
The game, with some remarks, is fun to the orcs. Then it is already stretched and not very pleasant - like a divorce between tired husbands.

DeletedUser

I have three of each college fully leveled and not had a problem with apprentices. It may be a function of my work schedule but this has been one of the smoothest chapters for me as far as moving through all aspects of the chapter ( building upgrades, province exploration, tech tree ).

We will see how the Halflings go. That chapter looks more problematic to me as it is going to be tighter on a population level unless I invest in an additional residence or two.

Maillie

Spellcaster
I built 4 of each in S&D and I regularly had buildings sitting idle, waiting for more apprentices. It felt like a flawed system to me and was quite irritating. S&D is running about even with Orcs in my dislike of past chapters because of it. Halflings is much more fun, there is always something to do and, so far, I have nothing idle :)

DeletedUser4950

I have three of each college fully leveled and not had a problem with apprentices. It may be a function of my work schedule but this has been one of the smoothest chapters for me as far as moving through all aspects of the chapter ( building upgrades, province exploration, tech tree ).

We will see how the Halflings go. That chapter looks more problematic to me as it is going to be tighter on a population level unless I invest in an additional residence or two.

Halflings are challenging from need of seeds for almost everything, and one month in, I've already been longer tech locked than I was during the whole S&D (so back to the topic, I never found there to be a significant shortage of apprentices, and raced through the chapter).