• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Premium subscription

Niizuki

Novice
Hi, I wanted to suggest a premium subscription mode to the game. I suppose there are some QoL things that can be done, but it would be unlikely if they would be done for free, and so I am suggesting them to be done for a fee. All these QoL things could be done by an AW, although I do not think they would be.
What I think should be:
Automation:
Resource balancing - instead of manually putting up trades, player would set up a ratio of resources and a stack size, and when a non boosted resource would fall bellow the threshold, new trade would be put up.
Neighbor help - while I understand that this mechanic is in game because they want players to come back to the game, a paying customer is most likely to keep playing nevertheless, and thus this feature would not be needed, and about midgame it gets very tedious. Automatic help would be provided to all neighbors and fellows which were helped previous day, and only while they remain as a neighbor or as a fellow. This help will be provided to a building type as was provided the last time, if not available, the help would be provided to builder / culture if available, if not, it would be provided to main hall. Also, dedicated neighbor help screen would be appreciated.
Resource pickup - upon logging in, all resources would be picked up, unless they would exceed storage capacity where applicable.

Non automation -
combat advisor - when dedicating troops to battle, best combination would be provided, with the possibility to set this advice as an automatic accept. Player would be able to forbid unit types which he dont want to use, also only available troops would be considered.
building switching when placing - If a single building is on a spot where player wishes to place another building (either moving, or building new), the old occupying building will be picked up for move instead and the new building will be successfully placed. Game would remember the entire chain of operations, and if player withes, he would be able to cancel entire chain, reverting to a state before first switch takes place.

What this should NOT be - any form of power up, eg. shorter production, faster scouting, better rewards...

Lymhir

Spellcaster
Elvenar is a game, like Innogames' others, whose business model is based on Free to Play not on the Try for Free model.
Inserting features/tools (resource balancing, combat advisor...) or even extra paid content would lead it towards the second model with an inevitable loss of popularity, popularity that it enjoys thanks to non-paying players.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Interesting, I’ve never looked at it this way. I don’t like buying gameplay advantages in games in general, because I’m a masochist and like my games to be hard However, I would like to support the maker of the game, and QoL features would be just the thing (or thing like the weekly stats feature I suggested a while back).

m4rt1n

Adept
If you want premium in the magical world of Elvenar it is there already @Niizuki

No need to change the game mechanics in place for 7 years, just buy :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: