• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Possible under-the-hood optimization tweak for Neighborly Help...

Pauly7

Magus
I'd just like to see a list of neighbours pop up, as if you are giving NH to your fellowship. Then you can just click click click down the list, rather than scrolling the map around. I get the feeling Inno wouldn't be keen on a "help all" option as that is removing 100% of the effort from the task. I think that in order for "neigbourly help" to exist as a concept, then that implies there needs to be at least a certain amount of graft involved in giving it.

Gargon667

Mentor
I'd just like to see a list of neighbours pop up, as if you are giving NH to your fellowship. Then you can just click click click down the list, rather than scrolling the map around. I get the feeling Inno wouldn't be keen on a "help all" option as that is removing 100% of the effort from the task. I think that in order for "neigbourly help" to exist as a concept, then that implies there needs to be at least a certain amount of graft involved in giving it.

That would be a very long list and the question is how Innos sees it, is it more benefit for the players or for Inno the company? If it is seen as a way to produce coins (supplies are only indirectly affected) then maybe some element of "work" should be included, but if it is mainly a tool to increase interaction and player retention it should be made as simple as possible.
I could even live with lets say 50% (or whatever amount) reduction in coins for myself if I click the "do all" instead of doing it manually? That way I gain time and pay for it with 50% coins.

Also the principle effort for rewards has lately been mostly ignored by Inno

Sir Derf

Adept
This kind of features that promote social interaction between players, exist in every game I played. It might be lives or building materials that players have to send to each other once per day, and in all of those games this process is automated. As I mentioned, I have circa 350 neighbours, even on the new phone it takes me over 10 minutes to visit all of them, I have 2 cities, so that's over 20 min of a very mind numbing activity. On the old phone, it took over 20 min for each city and I almost never visited all of my neighbours then. In every game, where player's free time is respected by developers, this process should be automated. This is not playing the game, but getting those daily rewards that we've earned by scouting provinces on the map.
And so wouldn't it be nice if the existing process could be made more efficient, by, oh, I don't know, shaving a fraction of a second or so off of each of those 350 actions?