• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

possibility to make KP instants

Thutmosse

Novice
Hi Co-gamers!

What do you thing about possibility to add a feature to make a knowledge point instant, that were produced by city, but player, instead of putting points into research and / or into Ancient Wonder, would have a possibility to create (manually) a Knowledge point instant, similar to those, we can get from events or as a reward on knowledge point donation.

This way player could save a lot of points also for developing of weaker / new players with their wonders; some of them would play longer than one - two chapters. This could be beneficial for players and developers as well.

Also players could be forced to use Inspiring meditations more frequently and thus be more active in game to get them back.

Comments?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I don't understand your point,

So instead of putting KP in a wonder you put them into an instants and then into a wonder?
looks pointlessly complicated

Thutmosse

Novice
very often happens, that I do not have a possibility to put KP's somewhere
when research is full, KP swap treads are taken by me and no one is online
then I'm loosing points

CrazyWizard

Shaman
very often happens, that I do not have a possibility to put KP's somewhere
when research is full, KP swap treads are taken by me and no one is online
then I'm loosing points

There is always the option to put it directly in your wonder, swap threads are awesome and great, but they are not a holy grail where you cannot diverge from.
I know several people who have thousand of KP and refuse to invest it in there wonders with the sole reason that it MUST be done trough swap threads.
I get several thousands of KP a week, imagine me refusing to use wonders outside of the swap threads, I would completely overwhelm my fellows and make it impossible for them to properly invest in each others wonders.
As a result I started to put KP in my own wonders as wel so I don't ruin there game.

Loosing KP because you refuse to put KP in your own wonders is just dumb.

Thutmosse

Novice
well, for high level players, maybe it's not important or it's useless
I'm on chapter 8 and there are not so rare moments, when I do not have a possibility to put KP anywhere (except strangers), and then such option would be nice to have not to waste them

CrazyWizard

Shaman
it has nothing to do with being high level or not, your agument could be viable in chapter 1 or 2, but those are quick chapters where you do not have wonders, nor kowledge of AW kp instants anyway.

FYI I could use your suggestion
1610791427467.png

1610791439991.png

But I am such a freak accident I do not see any reason to spend development time for a usecase that is so uncommon, and can so easily be avoided

If this is an issue for you avoid it, dont invent a complicated solution of an easy one is readily aviable.

Ps. if you cannot put points in your wonders yourself, then you also can't use a swapthread anyway.

Pauly7

Magus
It's not the reason you gave, but the useful thing about this would be to craft 10 KP instants to be held back for the next Fellowship Adventure.