• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Portal removal quests should be flagged as done if the portal has already been removed

Valnad

Spellcaster
Current situation: if you have already razed the guest race portal prior to receiving a quest requires you to remove the guest portal, you will be forced to rebuild the portal and then raze it again, in order to complete the quest. This will cost a great deal of resources and building time, the further you have advanced in the tech tree (~1 day build time for Halfling Portal, 2 million gc build cost)

My initial, and ignorant, thought was to believe that this was a bug, a flawed design that had occurred as a by-product of the quest developer experiencing a momentary lapse of reason. Simply put: I had it pegged as the result of a human error.

Thankfully, I was then informed by a helpful forum moderator that this is in fact precisely how these quests are supposed to work. To my satisfaction, it turns out that no minds have lapsed anywhere, not even momentarily and naturally, I am therefore following the advice to move my previous bug report...

As the title says, when you receive the quest "It's time to say goodbye!" with a reward of 200 diamonds, you need to sell your Spring Grove.

Problem is that I have already gotten rid of it before this quest popped up, and now it seems as if the game forces me to rebuild it. With >19 hours build time, and 2m gold price tag, I'm not very keen on doing that.

View attachment 2159

Solution:

Make the quest check for Spring Grove, if it's not in the city, flag that marker as checked.

... to this forum section instead, where I expect it to fare better.

I am, however, yet to be convinced that the current quest system is better than the one previously suggested by myself and another player in the aforementioned thread.

I would, therefore, love to hear what others have to say about it.

DeletedUser3097

if you have already razed the guest race portal prior to receiving a quest requires you to remove the guest portal, you will be forced to rebuild the portal and then raze it again, in order to complete the quest.

I have met a similar problem in-game as well. Apparently:

'Portal removal quests, although they can be declined are part of the story-line. They will appear sometime after the Advanced Scouts quest for the next chapter (sometimes several quests after).'

If you have a backlog of non-declinable quests, you will need to clear them before the portal-removal quest will appear.

Maybe a warning notice (which pops up when you try to remove a portal)

advising you to wait for the portal removal quest would help someone in a similar situation to you (and me!).

What do you think?

Valnad

Spellcaster
I have met a similar problem in-game as well. Apparently:

'Portal removal quests, although they can be declined are part of the story-line. They will appear sometime after the Advanced Scouts quest for the next chapter (sometimes several quests after).'

If you have a backlog of non-declinable quests, you will need to clear them before the portal-removal quest will appear.

Maybe a warning notice (which pops up when you try to remove a portal)

advising you to wait for the portal removal quest would help someone in a similar situation to you (and me!).

What do you think?

Indeed, a warning would be a quick-fix. No player would decline the only quests in the game that actually gives diamond rewards.

I still think that the best solution would be to have the game check for the quest critera before the quest is showed the first time. If the critera is already met, the quest/part of the quest that is finished should be flagged green. It makes sense, when the task is not a repetitive one. The player should never be expected to build the same type of guest portal more than once... and the same goes for razing them.

Valnad

Spellcaster
Warning is okay, but even better would be changing all the quests to "Have zero portal sites", like it is in woodelves.

Indeed, which is also why I first felt that this was a bug. No reason to change something that worked well in previous chapters. I still think that this was a simple oversight in the design and that it was not intended to punish progressive players.

It is especially unfortunate since this quest comes AFTER the quest that requires a lot of roads to be built. It's common knowledge that most players wait with building those roads until they have done everything else (tech, building upgrades etc). Some even end up skipping the roads entirely since they have new chapters to jump into directly.

Being at the end of the current tech line meant that I had nothing else to do, so I did the halfling roads and voila... there came the quest to remove a portal that I had already removed a day or two prior (kept it for a while just in case a quest would pop up).

Thezza

Spellcaster
Worse than that is getting a quest to upgrade the portal to lvl 4 when it has been lvl 4 for ages and you have now sold it!!!!!! So frustrating..and all you are told is...nothing can be done...we can't help you....ridiculous