• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Population Negative

. Storm

Dreamer
What happens if you go into into negative population?

I want to teleport some residencies to make space for buildings which don't need population - Day/Night Farms . What effect will this have on the rest of my game? For Example: Do Manufactory productions suffer? or Workshops production levels?

Thanks

Julian

Sorcerer
Production continues as normal. But you won't be able to build anything requiring population. I'm not sure whether you can build guest-race buildings. Possibly, as they don't need your population.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I'm not sure whether you can build guest-race buildings. Possibly, as they don't need your population.
Quest race buildings can be built without problems. Going negative population and culture used to be one of the strategies to get through Orcs chapter quicker. Before PP spells were a thing of course. (I did that in my oldest city.)

@. Storm, as Julian said, whatever you’ve already built will continue to function just fine. You just won’t be able to build/upgrade anything that requires population.

. Storm

Dreamer
I have noticed that, if you teleport a manufactory for example, the amount of population you need to place it back in your city is more than it originally had (i.e. if you teleport a manf, your pop increases, but the total is now less than you need to place it back in your city). So you need to increase your pop before you can get it back. I wondered if there was something like this for residences too?

Pauly7

Magus
I have noticed that, if you teleport a manufactory for example, the amount of population you need to place it back in your city is more than it originally had (i.e. if you teleport a manf, your pop increases, but the total is now less than you need to place it back in your city). So you need to increase your pop before you can get it back. I wondered if there was something like this for residences too?
This is something to do with the extra population from the Mountain Halls and/or Golden Abyss, I think. Once the manufactory is rebuilt then the bonus population will be back.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Chapter 16 runs just fine with negative population :D
2020-10-11_23-57-17.jpg

I teleported out all my hybrids to make space for chapter 16 as soon as the new tourney system was announced, so I could make the best of the tourney-kp while I still could in the old system ;) I was planning on doing Ch16 later and first have a wells farm, but then the new tourney system was announced and I wasn't going to get rid of my already placed wells farm, so I took some other drastic measures to make it work. Never regretted it :) Only thing that was a bit challenging was doing events/FA without being able to place any extra lvl 1 buildings, but it hasn't yet led to any big problems :)

Twigjam

Spellcaster
Quest race buildings can be built without problems. Going negative population and culture used to be one of the strategies to get through Orcs chapter quicker. Before PP spells were a thing of course. (I did that in my oldest city.)

@. Storm, as Julian said, whatever you’ve already built will continue to function just fine. You just won’t be able to build/upgrade anything that requires population.

How could going negative pop and cul get you through Orcs quicker please?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Just a minor correction. The additional population from Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls is dependant on your working population. If you take away a manufactory, the working population number drops and therefor the population from GA and MH will be less. It can therefor happen that you don’t have enough population to bring a manufactory back, but not the end of the world. I bring a stored house back in a situation like this, just to get the population numbers up to place the manufactory. Once the manufactory is placed and the working population numbers increased, the GA and MH population numbers will increase and the house can go back to storage.

Last edited: