• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Please can anyone confirm which armies and barracks to keep

Ellania

Alchemist
Hi all, I'm pickled as to which barracks, armouries and what have you to have and keep? I have a training grounds, one for Mage's, one for heavies, 3 giant orc sites and little ones too and no matter what I do I always run out, I honestly cannot get to grips with manual fighting, omg, it's horrid, so auto is definitely the way to go for me else I lose the will and negotiate it, on my recent reshuffle i've placed some into my inventory but needed upgrading to the current era anyhow so all advice would be more than welcome x

SkyRider99

Mentor
I honestly cannot get to grips with manual fighting, omg, it's horrid, so auto is definitely the way to go for me else I lose the will and negotiate it
Initially manual fighting is good to get an appreciation for how the various troops move, inflict damage on enemy troops, and get destroyed. Then most of us certainly graduate to auto fighting, once we know what troops to fling onto the battlefield. Depending on the enemy forces you will select the best combination of your own troops to win the fight.

Some fights are not feasible, so negotiation is the way forward.

The Elvenar wiki has more info and tips:

1702339780812.png

For example, the Combat Pentagon:

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Battle

1702339856540.png

SkyRider99

Mentor

Ellania

Alchemist
Initially manual fighting is good to get an appreciation for how the various troops move, inflict damage on enemy troops, and get destroyed. Then most of us certainly graduate to auto fighting, once we know what troops to fling onto the battlefield. Depending on the enemy forces you will select the best combination of your own troops to win the fight.

Some fights are not feasible, so negotiation is the way forward.

The Elvenar wiki has more info and tips:

View attachment 8150

For example, the Combat Pentagon:

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Battle

View attachment 8151
Yes, that's what I saw and tried, I do win quite afew and tend to check before selecting but some don't seem very good, or perhaps a little weak

SkyRider99

Mentor
some don't seem very good, or perhaps a little weak
That is my experience also. Built into the game programming I suspect, to make our lives more 'challenging' and 'interesting'. :confused:

Troop Boost summonings, produced in the MA, can provide a temporary (5-day) boost to certain troop types. Enlightened Light Range (ELR), Magnificent Mage Multiplier (MMM), Unleashed Unit Upgrade (UUU), and Dwarven Armorer from the Spire if you're exceptionally lucky.

Use Troop Boosts sparingly (they are hard to come by), and at the right time so you maximise the advantages over the 5-day expiration period.

Jake65

Sage
I always run out
Sounds like me and beer ;)

Two sides to this coin, produce more and lose less.
@SkyRider99 covered the lose less part (except the fighting related AWs which is a whole post in itself) which is more important IMO, producing more is about increasing the training size (armouries, Bulwark, Shrooms) and getting the total training time to be a bit longer than your max time between logins/collections so your military buildings aren't standing idle waiting for you to wake up :)

Jake65

Sage
Some useful info here

Jake65

Sage
Lots of info here in the Sir Derf goldmine

Ellania

Alchemist
That is my experience also. Built into the game programming I suspect, to make our lives more 'challenging' and 'interesting'. :confused:

Troop Boost summonings, produced in the MA, can provide a temporary (5-day) boost to certain troop types. Enlightened Light Range (ELR), Magnificent Mage Multiplier (MMM), Unleashed Unit Upgrade (UUU), and Dwarven Armorer from the Spire if you're exceptionally lucky.

Use Troop Boosts sparingly (they are hard to come by), and at the right time so you maximise the advantages over the 5-day expiration period.
Thanks for this, I do use those 2x2 items all the time, i save them up for tourney's and what have you and find them a great help, i'm just still wondering why i need so many barracks, and it's a shame you can't have one where you can train all expecially with the space they all consume.

SkyRider99

Mentor
i'm just still wondering why i need so many barracks,
Because each one of the three different Barracks train/produce different troop types. As you progress through Research your tournament and spire battles will encounter new enemy troop types. You will need your own new troop types to fight and win these encounters.

1702685824963.png

Ellania

Alchemist
Because each one of the three different Barracks train/produce different troop types. As you progress through Research your tournament and spire battles will encounter new enemy troop types. You will need your own new troop types to fight and win these encounters.

View attachment 8156

Yes i understand this and even with so many I'm still running out I have event buildings giving units too, every little they say! Thanks Sky x