• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question pet food

Lelanya

Mentor
My issue is, I did not place the Firebird the moment it became available. I did craft pet food, but not as much as some players. Consequently, no Firebird meant less Spire. Less Spire meant less Combine Catalysts as well. I didn't place the Firebird until the Bears came around. But I noticed another result. From the second week after placing the 'bird, I came to rely on its fight bonus. Once placed in one city, I found I needed it in every city. Not every city could afford to burn the relics to craft pet food, so I crafted conservatively. And thus I fell behind on stocks of pet food, but failed to realize in time. I spent 3 on the Phoenix, and 1 on the Bear per week, and really backed myself into a corner.

If we could turn back time! But take a step back. The fight bonus became necessary to Spire effectively, which now means it's equally vital to tourney adequately. So now this is a forced cycle: tourney for relics, relics for pet food, pet food for Spire, Spire for time instants to build more troops, troops for tourney and Spire.

This is now a constant grind.
When decaying resources and goods get factored in, we have an abusive time sink, in which we are all trapped.