• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

'Pay xxx' quests - a bad idea?

Are 'Pay xxx' quests a bad idea?

• Yes - I hate being forced to waste lots of hard earned materials

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Yes - the basic idea is OK, but the amounts are way too big

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I do not mind them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jackluyt

Shaman
Who has seen this quest, in Halflings chapter XI?
It appears that the 'pay xxx' quests are not just Event phenomena - now they will be found in Mainline quests too!

20637995_10209815513885168_4891910619896461628_n.jpg

I don't think many people are going to like this format!

1. The basic idea is a good one - something new. But the amounts asked are grotesquely over-sized!
In Halflings chapter, one is constantly under pressure to produce Seeds, which happens painfully slowly. No player is going to enjoy just throwing two or three day's production away - and getting nothing back!

2. 'Spend 20 000 Seeds' would perhaps be a more acceptable option!

3. Since the Summer Event, there is a growing sentiment that the game is becoming boring and not fun. Quite a few members of my group have stopped playing, This quest is just plain silly.

4. I understand that the design team needed to slow down the guest races, because players were rushing through a chapter in a few weeks - and then complaining that they were bored and there is nothing to do in the game.
I am reading between the lines that this quest was chosen to slow down the game?
But if that were true - surely it is possible to find a less offensive way to do that that does not force players to waste a precious game resource?

I am a pretty frugal guy who hates waste - and I am sure there are many many other players who feel the same.
Throwing away precious materials goes against every instinct I have!
I think the designers should reconsider quests like these - they are certain to cause ill-feeling and increase player dissatisfaction...

18740484_10209215039953695_4358338686859158494_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is an independent Facebook player's group with 4000 members, and a collection of more than three hundred videos and fact files.
You and your friends are most welcome to join us!

Last edited:

DeletedUser3920

I agree with Jack, the idea of having a new type of quest is good. However, the amounts are crazy high, especially since we aren't seeing a reward that is reciprocated.

Deleted User - 106219

Thanks!
Fixed!!
:)
Not quite. The attachment appears to be on the US forum, so it won't show up for those of us that don't have an account there. Why not just attach it to your post here?

DeletedUser441

How about diamonds or expansions as worthy rewards for massive amounts of coin/supplies/goods. ;)

Deleted User - 106219

Can you see it now?
Yes, thank you!

Now that I can see the quest, I have to agree. Paying 20K seeds is just not worth it for a reward of just 40K Mana. If it was 400K Mana - maybe. But like this the quest is just an excuse to waste the player's Seeds (and they are slow enough to collect as it is).

It would be fine as a declinable Side Quest, but not as a story one.

DeletedUser3781

Uuh... it was bad enough already to have them as optional quests with normal goods, but as non-declinables with guest race goods it feels a bit like slap in the face... Everything is slow enough already without it, or even too slow in some cases.
I would be okay with it if the amounts were symbolical though, like pay 20 divine seeds or even better 2.

DeletedUser3811

I am no where near this place in time; however, I am in total agreement that the developers have made an extremely bad decision with this one. This type of programming is going to lose a large player base if it continues. I have heard a lot of grumbling on the 4 servers I play on.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Hi there,

Thanks for starting this thread - it's always nice to read feedback on new features. So far, most of the feedback that reached us on the topic of this new quest type has been that in general it's nice to have more types of quest available, since it adds variety to an otherwise rather repetitive part of the game, but also that the amounts of resources required to spend (especially in our recent March of the Herds event) were a bit too much. We'll definitely be working with that feedback for upcoming quests and events, too! :)

On top of that, we've seen some feedback that the UI for this feature is perhaps not ideal, and that some players were unable to understand what it is we were asking of them. We will be considering changes to that in the future, to make it more clear for everyone.