• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

OUTSIDER TRADES

balloo

Adventurer
I am getting fed up with putting up good trades for my FS, only to find them being taken by outsiders, not in our FS...is there anyway to stop this. I am playing for my FS, not outsiders.....

cwgiii

Shaman
The only way I have found is to time your trade post with your fellow.

"I'll post at t-minus ...."

Another person mentioned that you could have the fellow post the trade, since their circle of view able trade partners is different, ten the offending trade snatcher can't even see the newly posted trade. However, this does open the trade up to a others that might be just as likely to get it.

DeletedUser2456

I am getting fed up with putting up good trades for my FS, only to find them being taken by outsiders, not in our FS...is there anyway to stop this. I am playing for my FS, not outsiders.....
well now isn't that the dumbest greedest idea I heard , only trade in your friendship ! we players don't all have teams that supply all we need .most of us have same goods ,if we all taken same idea we wouldn't get anywhere ,the idea is to trade what you make for goods you don't and then share them with your team, why wouldn't you want to share with any neighbour in need !!! you wont get up the score board any quicker ,if non of us shared out goods ,most of us would have to go to trader and that's gone to the dogs now , its not about being greedy and keep everything for your own team ,its about everyone swapping and sharing , we can all get great citys then ,

glad you not in my team , its greedy players that never trade that make people leave game ,has theres no help , its good to help your fellowship but all your team wont have all the goods to grow ,so at some point you will pick up a non member of yours and take their trade so why not them have yours , greedy player ,,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2863

If you truly want fellowship-only trading for your own group, you can simply make it a fellowship rule to only post 1-star trades at a certain percentage, for example 10%. Assuming that all members place the same amount of offers that they accept, nobody in the fellowship loses or gains anything from the system in the long run. But if an outsider wants to snatch up your offers, they have to pay 10% extra to do so, for the benefit of your FS. Of course, I don't see it ever being implemented, but that's just about the only way "to stop this" that I can think of.

DeletedUser3097

I might be mistaken, please correct me if I am, but I understood that @balloo was putting up generous trades just for a fellow in his fellowship. I imagine he trades with non-fellowship players too. He was wanting the good offer to go to the person he intended, not some lucky random player who spotted it on the trader! :p

DeletedUser2863

I might be mistaken, please correct me if I am, but I understood that @balloo was putting up generous trades just for a fellow in his fellowship. I imagine he trades with non-fellowship players too. He was wanting the good offer to go to the person he intended, not some lucky random player who spotted it on the trader! :p
True, his wording "good trades" does imply 3-star trades, my bad.
In that case, you just have to organize it through chat and do it the other way around, so the posted trades are 0- or 1-star. They aren't as likely to be snatched up by a third party and the result will be the same after you've accepted.

balloo

Adventurer
thankyou all for your input and your views I have read them all and what you all say makes sense lol, even getting mad at me for my post. Its a game, which we all love, or we would not be here, and I appreciate your comments also oxocube. I still prefer to trade within my fellowship, but understand all your points of view. Happy Gaming Elvenars...

DeletedUser2456

thankyou all for your input and your views I have read them all and what you all say makes sense lol, even getting mad at me for my post. Its a game, which we all love, or we would not be here, and I appreciate your comments also oxocube. I still prefer to trade within my fellowship, but understand all your points of view. Happy Gaming Elvenars...
great response .and took it way it was ment ,so good on you ,its only fair to share ,nice to see our fellowships grow ,but all help is good help ,so happy gaming to you too :)

balloo

Adventurer
BTW, i am not a he, but a she lol, and once again, ty for all your comment which I have read and taken on board. Happy trading....