• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Open | In progress Order of movement in fighting

sail0r

Spellcaster
I don't know if you have noticed but the order of movement in fighting has changed. For those that are not familiar with it, the first unit to move is the one with the higher initiative. If there are more than one units with the same initiative, their order of movement depends on their position.
Your 5 units are positioned as follows: Unit 1 in the center, 2 to the left of it, 3 to the right of it, 4 at the far left and 5 at the far right. Now the order of movement used to be (if there was a tie in unit initiative) 5, 4, 3, 2 and finally 1. It has now changed to the exact opposite, so the order of movement is now 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

But something more important has also changed. When a unit of yours had the same initiative as an enemy unit, your unit used to move before the enemy one. That has also changed to the exact opposite! That has an impact to what units you should select in battles. I like to strike first as often as possible. I used to select archers against enemy Wild Archers or Bandits. Archers have an initiative of 18 whereas Wild Archers have 17 and Bandits 18. But now, with this change the Bandits move before my archers. So I have to select rangers if I want my units to move first. If you have not researched rangers yet, it's better now to use golems or orc strategists against bandits instead of archers. (I am an elf, so have no idea what the impact on human units is, forgive me about that).

P.S. The funny thing is that in Beta it still works with the old order of movement. I thought everything is first implemented in Beta and then in the other worlds?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This is a known bug, so I have just moved the thread to bugs. We are currently working on a fix.