• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Orcs production time - Armories

SkyRider99

Immortal
It would be nice if the production cycle for orcs could be 11hrs and 23hrs instead of 12/24. Because of slippage there is always an occasional day where the production run finishes at some ungodly hour and one has to miss the collection for that day.
This is merely an idea and suggestion, before someone chimes in with "it can't be done" or "we asked about this 27 years ago", etc.
Hopefully a qualified moderator will read it and ask the devs. The idea may indeed be contradictory to the game plan. It would still be interesting to read the current assessment.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@SkyRider99 this idea was indeed forwarded to the Devs in October 2020. This is not something that is being looked at for change as all 4 production times are heavily utilised. If the production times in the Amories would be changed, the manufactories production numbers would also need to significantly decrease, which would been seen as detrimental and a further nerf. Also, what difference would it make to have the collection time changed from 12 / 24 hours to 11 / 22 hours? You still will be able to miss the exact point of collection?

SkyRider99

Immortal
Fair enough. I mentioned the 11hr rotation so that it could become possible to move the collection time ahead by 1hr and thus gradually reduce the rotation period, so that it would occur at a reasonable time of the day/night. Of course one can always miss a collection point, regardless of the pickup time. Thanks for the reply.

Gargon667

Mentor
It is of course a very logical thought @SkyRider99
Inno uses this technique on occasion, look at the Spire Set for example. It has a 21h collection time for exactly this reason. Or the neighborly help every 23h...

While for example evolving buildings have 24h or 48h collections.

Look at it as a bonus feature, some buildings have it to make them better others don´t.

If they changed the armories, I would be knocking on their door the next day to change the genies (or wishing wells), the day after I would tell them to change the ETC, the day after that ....

So better to look at the wasteful collection times of "even" numbers (12, 24, 48) as the norm and if we get lucky we get something better than that :) Also the "early collect" feature was invented for the same reason to improve inconvenient collection times.

In the end Inno wants you to log-in all the time, so they´ll never make it possible to just go in once a day and collect everything without losing a lot ;) The same reason why guest races never follow the 3h/9h schedule of your factories.
Just pointing out that the "inconvenience" is not an accident that will be fixed as soon as somebody has the great idea to let Inno know about this mistake, it is intentional and therefore "not currently considered".

So just enjoy when we get the happy exception (that of course then leads to even more logins, the convenient AND the inconvenient ones).