• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Opinions vs Facts

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Are we allowing for a genuine feedback to happen here? I see instances when someone’s personal situation and view is disputed as wrong while it’s completely illogical to think that everyone thinks the same and is in the same situation as everybody else here.

I do understand that when someone says that something is true while it’s not, it needs to be said so, so no false information gets spread around. While someone’s opinion is not right or wrong, it just is and I believe that it’s important for Inno to get feedback from all different groups, not just bad or good feedback, both.

Opinion - a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge
Fact - a thing that is known or proved to be true

So as you can see, opinion is a personal view and it’s completely ok to have a different opinion to others. Fact is a general view that is true for everyone so it needs to be corrected when it doesn’t apply to everyone to make sure we don’t spread false information. So there is a difference when someone says that “something is” rather than saying “I think it is (or I like, I dislike, I believe..)”. One is a statement of a fact, the other is an opinion and there's no point disputing it.