• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Only a game...

DeletedUser6404

I'm new to this forum but one thing I understand already...

There is a lot of great content and advice to be found here and I am trying to follow all kinds: The experts, the fanatics & the well-wishers... and so on.

To learn from you all.

At the end of the day, to me it is only a game that I enjoy playing among many other players.. and even other games lol. Still even in this game you can see that people are different. Some want to have the highest score fellowship, some are in Aaawws just to get the Wedding Altar, even though they are half clueless about the whole game lol.

I want to remind you that what ever fellowship you play in and you feel relaxed & happy playing in it, it is then working and all good. Nothing more. Only a game. Just enjoy it :) <3 You can disagree, only my view.

TRUE STORY:
I want to give you an example so you might understand me more: We were trying to find an active new good players for our team. We knew of one player who was very active & we traded daily for months because of different boosts of course (not naming the player). We saw that he left his long time FS, so we sent him a request to join us. He of course knew of us & was happy to join.

Unfortunately he only stayed for a week. Blamed that only 10 helped daily, and that wasn't enough for him. On the tournament our actives did 2500-3000 points, but he saw that many others did minimums. Tried to make him understand that some people just have other things to do now and again and don't worry. We chatted a lot on the chat together with other players, but later he thought that we chatted too much and he didn't like it. He left our FS and made his own with only 2 players in it: his both own accounts (human and elf). He told me that he is very sick IRL later & I felt sorry for him. At the end he deleted his own FS, joined another FS which he seems to be happy in now. We still help each other & trade the same daily, nothing has really changed.

My only point here is that you can't expect everyone to be "hardcore gamers". You never know who is on the other comp & most like to stay anonymous and not tell anything about themselves even though sometimes when playing for months together you start to realize things. That's why we decided to let anyone join, no matter what their score is. Just be nice to new players, you been there yourself at some point. If they are inactive, just expell member & wait for the next awesome player. I am sure there will be one :) If you make a mistake on your FS & accidentally hurt someones feelings, don't worry about it and just enjoy building your own city. Nuffsaid.

idk... but I hope you learned something.

davemc

Bard
I totally agree. I joined my fellowship 3 years ago as a newbie. I Played when real life would let me. I then broke my neck and back after an accident at work. So ended up playing the game most of my waking time. Ended up as AM in the same fellowship. But we are a mixed bunch from all over the world. I am now back working but devote my spare time to the game. But it is just a game. real life takes priority that is why we have a fellowship where everyone chats everyone helps but no expectations of anyone

DeletedUser3781

It's best to describe your fellowship clearly while recruiting to avoid this kind of misunderstandings... The player in question should have also stated their expectations though.