• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface One-click Harvesting?

• Thread starter DeletedUser3221
  • Start date

DeletedUser3221

Hello,

I'm new to this game (~3 days) and I was wondering if the game could offer 1-click feaure to collect coins/supplies/goods when they become available (i.e. when the icon shows up above each building). I don't know how players who almost filled up their entire city map with buildings are coping, but clicking each production building one by one feels really tedious to me.

Does this feature becomes later in the game or is there a way to reduce the clickings somehow? Anyway, I hope you can consider it if it isn't incorporated in the game already. Cheers.

DeletedUser3034

In as much as the rules state using a program to accomplish that is a violation, I'd say it will not be incorporated into the game as a normal feature.

DeletedUser3097

@Xephiac- welcome to Elvenar! If you click with your mouse and hold down the button, you can sweep across your city- make sure your first click is on something that needs harvesting. I didn't know this at first and was one-clicking- took me ages! :)

DeletedUser3221

In as much as the rules state using a program to accomplish that is a violation, I'd say it will not be incorporated into the game as a normal feature.

I'm not suggesting using an unauthorized program - what's wrong with having an official 1-button harvesting feature? Is clicking thousands of times repeatedly each day an essential part of the game play?

@Xephiac- welcome to Elvenar! If you click with your mouse and hold down the button, you can sweep across your city- make sure your first click is on something that needs harvesting. I didn't know this at first and was one-clicking- took me ages! :)

Oh, thanks for the tip. It's still not quite what I think is optimum, but it sure beats clicking every time. Thanks very much for your help :D

Timneh

Artisan
It also helps if you design your city in a way that all buildings that produce things that need collecting are in the same area. I can collect all my goods and coins with two clicks and sweeps of the mouse, takes me less than five seconds. Starting the next production however does take longer as each manufactory does need to be clicked on individually, unless there is something i don't know and if that is the case i would welcome info on how to set them all away faster.

DeletedUser3034

Use num keys... click, 3 , click, 3... a little faster

Example is 1 hour on workshops

DeletedUser2863

Yeah I've been playing for a while and only found out about the number shortcuts a few days ago. It would be nice if there were some sort of hint explaining it in the game, for example as a "Did you know?" while loading the game.

DeletedUser3034

Post as a suggestion, likely be implemented fairly quickly.