• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Odd state after returning to a background tab

Sir Derf

Adept
Elvenar tab had been in the background for a while.

When I returned to the tab, the game tried to catch up to current... the KP timer was moving at rapid speed.

When it finished, some of my Guest Race Buildings, Small Gourmet and Small Pirate Ships, appeared to have finished their 3-hour productions, having had their Shrimp and Pearl icons appear. I collected my Shrimps, but the building didn't produce the zZz icon of a waiting building, and clicking on it would not bring up the production window.

I reloaded the tab for the game, and when the game came back up, the Small Gourmet and Small Pirate ships now showed that they each still had a little over 30 minute left to go on their 3-hour productions.

It would appear that the game got confused and in catching up the tab to current conditions had thought the productions had finished before their times.

v1.155.2-(c75c247) - html5 (2022-07-07 10:06)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Sir Derf to be honest this is similar to what happens to me, and for me it's simply when i've left it in the background like you. I've got into the habit now of refreshing the Game before performing any actions when it's been left a while. That allows everything to catch up! :)

I don't believe it's a game error per se, it's just the Game catching up when the Browser Window has gone, what I like to call, "sleepy" :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
If the game would catch up correctly, then it would not be an error. For example if in my above the game had caught up for nearly 2.5 hours in the background since starting the 3-hour productions and ended with the various Ships having half an hour to go on their productions, then that would be no error.

But, if the game is going to try and catch up, and end in a state where the building thinks it is done when the server says "nuh-uh, you got 30 minutes left", that's an error.