• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

October Forum Competition 2022!!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans & Elves!

If you haven't done so already, head on over to our Competition Thread to enter this months Freaky Forum Competition!

You could be in with a chance of winning 300 Diamonds!

Click HERE to find out how!

You have until 4th Nov to enter :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Well, DRAT !!

Trust me to be offline when a competition comes along that I could have used as a feeble excuse to bore on at REAL length...! Haha.

Not my choice, though - thanks for nothing, my creaking old desktop computer, for deciding to break down for the past two months or so ... in my Not-Very-Humble-Opinion, the mobile client, now that I've been forced to actually use it for more than three seconds, is, as I'd feared, scarier than any horror story which any normal human being could ever invent (although any port in a storm, as they say!), but I've now kicked my PC several times - repairs cost money! - and it seems to be just about soldiering on, so at least I can hope for another chance to ramble profusely - with intent! :D

Many congratulations to all of the winners, and I'm really looking forward to having a read of our Forum authors' collected works...! :) :)

Jake65

Sage
Not my choice, though - thanks for nothing, my creaking old desktop computer, for deciding to break down for the past two months or so ... in my Not-Very-Humble-Opinion, the mobile client, now that I've been forced to actually use it for more than three seconds, is, as I'd feared, scarier than any horror story which any normal human being could ever invent (although any port in a storm, as they say!), but I've now kicked my PC several times - repairs cost money! - and it seems to be just about soldiering on, so at least I can hope for another chance to ramble profusely - with intent! :D
I was going to point out the two sentence limit for the competition and then realised this is only one sentence. :D

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Jake65 : Ha, really?! Seems my rambling is worse than I realised - I wasn't even trying for an endless one-sentence run-on (and on, and on...) !

Terrifying, really, isn't it?! :D

PS : The syntax in my first line is deeply dubious, though - no English Grammar aficionado would accept '...' as any kind of real punctuation!

Jake65

Sage
@Jake65 : Ha, really?! Seems my rambling is worse than I realised - I wasn't even trying for an endless one-sentence run-on (and on, and on...) !

Terrifying, really, isn't it?! :D

PS : The syntax in my first line is deeply dubious, though - no English Grammar aficionado would accept '...' as any kind of real punctuation!
It's a full stop in triplicate :D

Sir Derf

Adept
Wouldn't a "full stop in triplicate" immediately invalidate your entry as having one sentence too many?

I felt slightly guilty, having incorporated not only an ellipsis, but a semicolon and an inline quote.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Aaah thanks Kim! I was having the same problem as Stucon - I spend too much time waffling instead of actually paying attention...! :D