• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Number of Runes received for contributing to Ancient Wonders

• Thread starter Deleted User - 106219
  • Start date

Deleted User - 106219

How many Runes do we get for contributing to other players' Ancient Wonders? Is there a list, or at least an expalnation about the logic used? Yes, I tried the wiki, but could not see the info there. I also tried looking at the Ancient Wonders of other players, but only got more confused:
- Heisenberg (#1 in Arendyll), Prosperity Towers at level 4, 5 (five) people have contributed KPs, but only the top 3 will get a Rune
- Kerykeion (#3 in Arendyll), The Great Bell Spire at level 2, 6 (six) people have contributed, the first 3 (three) will each get a Rune (according to the rewards listed in the game)
- smythe (#5 in Arendyll), Crystal Lighthouse at level 6, 5 people have contributed, only the top 4 will get Runes, the one at first place will get 2, so a total of 5 Runes (2+1+1+1)
- westmel (#6 in Arendyll):
-- Dwarven Bulwark at level 7, 6 people have contributed, top 5 get Runes, the first two get 2 Runes each, for a total of 7 (2+2+1+1+1)
-- The Great Bell Spire at level 3, 4 people have contributed, top 3 each get 1 rune
- 1PLODDIE (#8 in Arendyll):
-- The Great Bell Spire at level 6, TWO people have contributed, the first one will get 2 Runes, the second one will get 1 Rune
-- Dwarven Bulwark also at level 6, THREE people have contributed, the first two get 2 Runes, the third one gets 1 Rune
- s5carrot (#763 in Arendyll), Mountain Halls at level 1, three people have contributed, two of them will each get a Rune

In other words some AW levels give Runes equal to the level, some give more than the level, and some give less than the level. So an explanation how things work would be nice...

Deleted User - 106219

I for one am not sure on how it works... more player info on this might lead to a great new Player Guide;
e.g. for the Elvenar Guides Competion ;)
I wouldn't count on it. We have only ~2 weeks for submitting guides, and this is A LOT of work. Here's just one example:
AW1.png
Prosperity Towers (PT) at level 2, 3 people donated, ony the first two receive Runes (the screenshot shows that the third one gets no Rune).

AW2.png
The Great Bell Spire (TGBS) at level 2, more than 4 people donated (I think 6 players had donated), the first three get a Rune (the screenshot shows that the third one gets a Rune).

Why the difference? Is it becuase more people donated to TGBS? Or is it because TGBS requires more KP to level up? Or is it based on the number of KPs donated so far? Or is it simply because they are different Ancient Wonders and the PT simply give fewer Runes (making them even harder to get)? If someone has the time and desire to collect the required info and make a guide - I wish them the best of luck. I'll be happy to read said guide. :)

P.S.: And because someone is going to ask sooner or later: Yes, TGBS requires more KP to level up than a PT of the same level. Example:
AW3.png AW4.png
220 for a level 2 PT vs 250 for a level 2 TGBS.

DeletedUser

All of my tests, which were six months ago, indicated that the Rune Shards, equal in number to the level of the AWs, were distributed Round Robin to the top five contributers.

In order to eliminate the dandelion strategy, wherein folks contribute 1 KP to everything in sight, it would be easy to require a threshold of a certain percentage of the contributed points, maybe 10% or so, in order to qualify for the round robin. I'll watch for that the next time I'm doing a survey.

DeletedUser1295

I wouldn't count on it. We have only ~2 weeks for submitting guides, and this is A LOT of work.
The guides entered into the competition can be partial guides - although they should be 'complete' in the sense that they should not contain half finished sentences - but they don't need to cover every aspect of the chosen topic. More information can be added to the guide later on.

The main thing is that it should address any aspect of the game not being covered on the wiki, so it should give extra tips, hints etc. from the personal experience of players.

Deleted User - 106219

All of my tests, which were six months ago, indicated that the Rune Shards, equal in number to the level of the AWs, were distributed Round Robin to the top five contributers.

In order to eliminate the dandelion strategy, wherein folks contribute 1 KP to everything in sight, it would be easy to require a threshold of a certain percentage of the contributed points, maybe 10% or so, in order to qualify for the round robin. I'll watch for that the next time I'm doing a survey.
I don't know about six months ago, but as of today things are clearly different. I saw a level 2 AW that would give Runes to 3 people, I saw a level 6 AW that would give a total of 5 Runes to 4 people (2 Runes for first place and 1 Rune for places 2, 3 and 4; no Rune for fifth place), and I saw an AW where the player in second place would get a Rune despite having contributed just 1 KP.

This is one case where it would be best if the game developers would just give us the info instead of leaving us guessing and trying to figure it out on our own.

DeletedUser

I for one am not sure on how it works... more player info on this might lead to a great new Player Guide;
e.g. for the Elvenar Guides Competion ;)
This is one case where it would be best if the game developers would just give us the info instead of leaving us guessing and trying to figure it out on our own.
By not having this kind of information readily available by the devs of the game itself, you are just wasting players time - the time and resources it takes to experiment and (hopefully) come up with the right information, and the time many players don't have to spend searching wikis and forums for these answers.

DeletedUser1295

By not having this kind of information readily available by the devs of the game itself, you are just wasting players time - the time and resources it takes to experiment and (hopefully) come up with the right information, and the time many players don't have to spend searching wikis and forums for these answers.
Part of this game is imho the challenge of the 'search' for finding your own way of doing things - making it more fun and not an instant game you can put in your microwave for 60 seconds...

I enjoy the exchange of all kinds of strategies/tactics :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Part of this game is imho the challenge of the 'search' for finding your own way of doing things - making it more fun and not an instant game you can put in your microwave for 60 seconds...

Good for you. That's great that you enjoy that challenge. But not everybody can or does. The information should be there and accessible for those who wish to find it. Otherwise it is yet another example of how we do not get a choice in how we play, contrary to advertised.

DeletedUser1816

Good for you. That's great that you enjoy that challenge. But not everybody can or does. The information should be there and accessible for those who wish to find it. Otherwise it is yet another example of how we do not get a choice in how we play, contrary to advertised.
How does that hinder your playstyle? Imho it's the other way round. If all info is easily available everyone will use the same "optimal" strategy which is boring. As it is, it encourages to try your own style.

DeletedUser

How does that hinder your playstyle? Imho it's the other way round. If all info is easily available everyone will use the same "optimal" strategy which is boring. As it is, it encourages to try your own style.
It has nothing to do with style. It has everything to do with not knowing how combat mechanics really work, how ancient wonders work, and the many other things in the game that aren't explained. These things are a part of the game - why does the game not teach us how to use them?

Deleted User - 106219

How should I put it nicely... Not everyone enjoys figuring things out on their own, therefor they should not be required to guess about basic things.

It's one thing to not provide advanced combat tactics; it's another thing to not explain something as basic as the ordering of units in combat (how many new players would quickly figure what "1->3, 2->2, 3->4, 4->1, 5->5" means?).

And another thing: The lack of official info makes it more difficult to find and report bugs. For example, let's say that a new Ancient Wonder is supposed to give 6 Runes as rewards at a particular level, but due to a bug gives just 5 Runes instead. How are we supposed to know this is a bug if there's no official info about the rewards? The only way to find the bug would be for a game developer to take a look and spot it - which is highly unlikely to happen.

DeletedUser1816

How should I put it nicely... Not everyone enjoys figuring things out on their own, therefor they should not be required to guess about basic things.

It's one thing to not provide advanced combat tactics; it's another thing to not explain something as basic as the ordering of units in combat (how many new players would quickly figure what "1->3, 2->2, 3->4, 4->1, 5->5" means?).

And another thing: The lack of official info makes it more difficult to find and report bugs. For example, let's say that a new Ancient Wonder is supposed to give 6 Runes as rewards at a particular level, but due to a bug gives just 5 Runes instead. How are we supposed to know this is a bug if there's no official info about the rewards? The only way to find the bug would be for a game developer to take a look and spot it - which is highly unlikely to happen.
I agree that the ordering of the units is not intuitive :) But personally I like figuring out stuff like fighting on my own.
If you don't like that: https://www.google.ch/search?q=fighting+tips+elvenar
Many, if not (almost) all basic questions are already addressed in a forum some where...