• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Notice: Upcoming changes in version 1.12

• Thread starter Deleted User - 106219
  • Start date

Deleted User - 106219

For those who don't read the Beta, forum, here are some of the changes in version 1.12:
- The Tournaments technology has been added to the core of the research tree
- The Dwarven Bulwark has been rebalanced and now gives significantly higher bonuses for your city - to give some examples: on level 1, the unit production per 3 hours has been increased from 9 to 30 and the training size increase went from 8 to 16; and on level 15 the unit production went from 51 to 204 and the training size increased from 68 to 124
- Due to Squad Size Upgrade 24 being needed in the story quests, it has been added to the core of the research tree - instead, we have now made Squad Size Upgrade 25 an optional technology
So two new mandatory technologies. Most players have likely researched Tournaments already, so that shouldn't be an issue. The bigger problem is that Squad Suze 24 is going to become mandatory. Considering where it is on the tech tree it will likely be required for the Armory tech.

As for the Bulwark: It's still not worth the space and KPs to level it up to 15, but if you already have it you'll get a bit more for your investment.

DeletedUser1414

i got rid of mine as it was just a waste of space

DeletedUser

What benefits do you get from making then deleting? Just don't make it at all?
If you have all the runes, do you stop getting those runes?

EDIT: to avoid getting modded ;-P

So you say 24 is compulsory, it looks like I can skip 13 and 14, will they become compulsory too?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1295

So you say 24 is compulsory, it looks like I can skip 13 and 14, will they become compulsory too?

They switched the mandatory / optional between 24 and 25:
- Due to Squad Size Upgrade 24 being needed in the story quests, it has been added to the core of the research tree - instead, we have now made Squad Size Upgrade 25 an optional technology

I would think previous Squad size researches will remain as they are, those not having any impact on the mandatory quest line as far as I remember ;)

DeletedUser

They switched the mandatory / optional between 24 and 25:

I would think previous Squad size researches will remain as they are, those not having any impact on the mandatory quest line as far as I remember ;)

Oh! So one of 24/25 was NOT optional, they just switched them, rather than making an additional one compulsory... I get it (I think!!)

Deleted User - 106219

Check the current tech tree and you'll see that Squad Size Upgrade 24 is not required for anything while Squad Size Upgrade 25 is required for Orc Style Main Hall. I guess in version 1.12 Squad Size Upgrade 24 will be required for the Armory while Squad Size Upgrade 25 will not be required for anything,

DeletedUser1295

A complete overview of the release notes on version 1.12 as currently available on the beta forum, can be read by clicking here.

Note: this version is not yet available on EN!