• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Newbie thoughts on the game

Deleted User - 106219

what about the vast majority that stops in first week?
The "vast majority" never make it to Tier II goods, so couldn't post cross trades in the first place.

But more importantly, as has been said already:
New players DO NOT need cross trades to advance through the game. You can make it all the way from Chapter I to Chapter XV without posting a single cross trade. So complaining about the ratio between tiers is pointless - learn how to advance without relying on cross trades instead.

m4rt1n

Adept
The "vast majority" never make it to Tier II goods, so couldn't post cross trades in the first place.

New players DO NOT need cross trades to advance through the game. You can make it all the way from Chapter I to Chapter XV without posting a single cross trade. So complaining about the ratio between tiers is pointless - learn how to advance without relying on cross trades instead.

Someone was always going to complain at cross tier trades finally becoming fair and reasonable after years of ridiculous nonsense in the trader.

I love looking now, cudos to Inno this time around. :)

Killiak

Artisan
and once more the ratio of 1.5 is calculated for max out players NOT THE CASE FOR NEW ONES

This is literally what you said.

as i said they looked from max player perpspective
thank you for agreeing on what i was saying all along

And I said the new rates were not looked at from a max players perspective, but from a perspective of fairness and correct calculation for everybody.

So I am factually not agreeing with you, and your reading comprehension needs work.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer

New players DO NOT need cross trades to advance through the game. Yo the that w busu can make it all the way from Chapter I to Chapter XV without posting a single cross trade. So complaining about the ratio between tiers is pointless - learn how to advance without relying on cross trades instead.

you just reply on what ever you want and not anything i said
where i said that i based cross tier to advance where?
nowhere, thats your intellectual dishonest to "reply" on something never said

the whole post was the new ratio favours old players and throw new new ones under the bus

i also said many times that you can not have 1 ratio that will be fair for all

now will you answer on topic or waste everyone time? i

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
This is literally what you said.

And I said the new rates were not looked at from a max players perspective, but from a perspective of fairness and correct calculation for everybody.

So I am factually not agreeing with you, and your reading comprehension needs work.
really?
100 elixur for 1500 wood is bad
bad 1500 elixir for 100 wood will be over fair
the ratio is still 15 to 1, so yeah ratio itself does not make a deal good or bad

now you are intellectual dishonest and act and reply moronic

did you not post the anouncement about size,productions,and other factors affecting production?
that occurs in max players not new ones
a new player does not have 800%boost from relic a medium player has
also other factors will come in place later on game

so anything utter moronic you have to add? you shown to the world your understanding of english is not existed now proceed and show us your stupidity

Killiak

Artisan
really?
100 elixur for 1500 wood is bad
bad 1500 elixir for 100 wood will be over fair
the ratio is still 15 to 1, so yeah ratio itself does not make a deal good or bad

now you are intellectual dishonest and act and reply moronic

did you not post the anouncement about size,productions,and other factors affecting production?
that occurs in max players not new ones
a new player does not have 800%boost from relic a medium player has
also other factors will come in place later on game

so anything utter moronic you have to add? you shown to the world your understanding of english is not existed now proceed and show us your stupidity

"but from a perspective of fairness and correct calculation for everybody. "

Again, learn to read. And again, your opinion does not suddenly get more weight when you throw insults.
Clearly, you have a lot to learn.

Timneh

Artisan
@ANIKHTOS you are getting very close to breaching rule number 2 of the forum

2. Be polite and constructive

• Please help us keep harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.

I suggest you think before you reply to people out of anger or frustration. Just a piece of friendly advice, it is up to you if you take it or not.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
@ANIKHTOS you are getting very close to breaching rule number 2 of the forum

2. Be polite and constructive

• Please help us keep harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.

I suggest you think before you reply to people out of anger or frustration. Just a piece of friendly advice, it is up to you if you take it or not.

such a hpocrie
I believe it is a case of trading the T3 goods for goods they can use but since the change they can not get as many goods as they were getting before and are now spitting out thier dummy.

This thread reminds me of the saying "there are none so blind as those that will not see" but in the case of this situation i think the saying should be changed to "there are none so deaf as those that will not hear".
how his reply in another thread is no doing he same as you accuse me for here?
yeah when you do it is okey but others are o be blamed for everything even because he dare to have a different opinion to you?

Timneh

Artisan
Did i call anyone an unpleasant name in that post ? NO. Was i abusive in that post ? NO. Did i accuse you of anything in that post ? YES. I accused you of spitting your dummy out and all that means is getting angry about something that you are not happy about. You clearly appear to be unhappy about the change to the trader ratings.
Your post above was rude and abusive directly to another players post and that is the difference.

DeletedUser5093

One of the comments here lamented that they were seeing less trades as a result of the ratio change, and concluded that less were being posted. Maybe the reason you're seeing less is that the fair cross-tier trades are actually being picked up, instead of just sitting there for ages?

QFol2

Conjurer
One of the comments here lamented that they were seeing less trades as a result of the ratio change, and concluded that less were being posted. Maybe the reason you're seeing less is that the fair cross-tier trades are actually being picked up, instead of just sitting there for ages?

This is definitely part of it - I'm certainly picking up cross-tier trades now, where I never used to.

However, the numbers of trades has been in decline in all worlds for all of my cities for a few months now, and dropped particularly over the Christmas period, before the ratios were altered.

Either way, I would disagree that the the new rates have killed off trading.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Indeed... it was getting a bit carried away!

To go back to normal chatting: I personally did enjoy the crazy unfair trades, not massively, but it's true that I would fill up my non-boosted easier (orcs, playing boosted only, except a symbolic level 3 'golem', that has been there since the first day, and so far, I always found a spot for it. Maybe in Wood-elves, it will finally go through, due easy 1x3 mana buildings.

In beta, I grew faster thanks to the crystal from a level2 gingerbread house, but in Wyn, I did grow normally without touching the market at all. Now, it feels more balanced, and it's okay too.

The only thing I don't like is that the Wholesaler keeps the 1:4:16... but I know that otherwise, it would make those of us who make a lot of gold, more powerful, and maybe, it can disbalance.

Timneh

Artisan
The only thing I don't like is that the Wholesaler keeps the 1:4:16... but I know that otherwise, it would make those of us who make a lot of gold, more powerful, and maybe, it can disbalance.

I believe in beta they are going to change the values in the wholesaler but i have not checked for a while so it might have been changed.

Hekata

Artisan
I believe in beta they are going to change the values in the wholesaler but i have not checked for a while so it might have been changed.

No changes there yet.

AstralSoul

Illusionist

Support told me via ticket they won't, but of course, that always changes. It should with the new ratios...