• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New worlds not needed yet?

DeletedUser417

Just one of my thoughts....

Why did Elvenar/Innogames create a second world. Why are they planning a third even?

Why do I ask? On Arendyll it's hard to find active players, in or outside a FS. It's hard to find good traders if you are not in a FS. If you aren't in a FS, the game is extremely dreadful, takes way too long to get somewhere. Also people want to make progress without being in a FS. I can imagine some don't want to have all the moaning and rules in FS's, so they want to be single players. But they need active players in their area!
Why not delete the inactive accounts more often on Arendyll, so that new players can sign up and are placed in the empty spots. (I'm playing since early September and still all the inactive cities are there, same names, same MH's in scaffolding and hardly any help from neighbours.) They will be more attracted by active areas with trade and active players. Only then the game will be more appealing to new players and probably considering buying diamonds sooner than being in a inactive area where it's no fun to play in and turn inactive out of boredom. Maybe 15% of all my surrounding cities are run by active players, but trades outside FS's are sporadic.

It's allowed to have a second account on Arendyll so players won't need another world to play in, just another city on Arendyll. However, to run two cities takes so much time if you want to do it right, that players who started a second city on Winyandor, are now quitting because it takes too much of their time.
It's going in the same direction with Winyandor now. I see so many inactive players so why even create that third world?

DeletedUser

I actually have considerably less active neighbours on Winyandor than Arendyll. I think two worlds is quite nice for people who want to have two cities as you can run them on the same account, but more definitely seems pointless at this stage. I've also not seen a single inactive player disappear since I've been playing and the whole thing with keeping the buildings under construction forever seems weird to say the least lol. I've suggested this before, but maybe letting people have limited friend lists that offer the same benefits as neighbours would be an option to combat inactive environments.

DeletedUser330

Yep, they needed to sort out the inactive players on Arendyll before opening another world.

Now all they have is masses of inactive players on two worlds.

I started a city in Winyandor but I played it for about 30 minutes and quit. I did the same with my second city in Arendyll.
The choice of having multiple cities in one world is there, so a second world was unneeded, especially with so many inactive players.

Narq is right, they need to kick inactive players more often...

... maybe, and I don't think this wouldn't be too hard: The map is in a sequence when it comes to boosts and provinces layout, so it wouldn't be difficult to move cities around on the map and put them into the right slot in respect to boosts and move the active players closer together.
It'd help with trades, finding active players and also getting daily visits too.

Deleted User - 13667

My sentiments exactly on having additional worlds. There are quite a bit of issues that have yet to be straightened out.

The programmers might have some considerations unknown to us. Just a second thought