• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New wonder and evolving buildings

Julian

Sorcerer
Ancient wonder: one to reduce the refresh time for recipes to craft in the Magic Academy. This would be a must for anyone wanting to get lots of pet food or fighting buildings. And it would also tackle the limiting factor of arcane residue in the FAs. Maybe a Lv 1 would be a 20% reduction, increasing to 60% reduction at Lv 35.

Evolving building: There's been a lot of criticism that buildings aren't as good as they used to be, compared to the bears and fire phoenix. Considering the frequency of events, it's probably understandable. Our cities would get too good, if every event offered something as good as them. But that means there's no great incentive to take part in every event to the max. Therefore, why not have a mega event building? A normal player would get it to Level 10 in an event. By then, it would be a modest building, reasonable but nothing special. But then we get to the next event, and players could get it up to Level 20. Now it would be getting good. Potentially, there might be no upper limit to the evolves. There would be an incentive for people to take part in every event to get it better and better. It would also work for diamond players, as they'd legitimately get it evolved faster.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Ancient wonder: one to reduce the refresh time for recipes to craft in the Magic Academy. This would be a must for anyone wanting to get lots of pet food or fighting buildings. And it would also tackle the limiting factor of arcane residue in the FAs. Maybe a Lv 1 would be a 20% reduction, increasing to 60% reduction at Lv 35.

Evolving building: There's been a lot of criticism that buildings aren't as good as they used to be, compared to the bears and fire phoenix. Considering the frequency of events, it's probably understandable. Our cities would get too good, if every event offered something as good as them. But that means there's no great incentive to take part in every event to the max. Therefore, why not have a mega event building? A normal player would get it to Level 10 in an event. By then, it would be a modest building, reasonable but nothing special. But then we get to the next event, and players could get it up to Level 20. Now it would be getting good. Potentially, there might be no upper limit to the evolves. There would be an incentive for people to take part in every event to get it better and better. It would also work for diamond players, as they'd legitimately get it evolved faster.
Are you aware for a wonder like that you need to do like 40-50 provinces each week or so just to feed it with relics?
It's kinda a useless wonder if you ask me.

Altrough it fits in the current useless ones we get lol.

Phoenix and bears are OP, they are so good that they are must haves. because of this these evolution buildings need to constantly return to the game so that new players have options and the ability to join.
If we had 10 of these buildings imagine the nightmare, als all 10 need a return all the time just to keep the game ticking.

These 2 are bad examples. the new buildings arent "bad" but they have a more distributed reward scheme, if I want more mana, but I het a little less mana but also seeds that I do not need it feels worse than the more mana centric builing.

I think it would be great if evolution buildings become a little bit more focussed again instead a little bit of everything.

Pauly7

Magus
I think the AW idea would certainly be something more to think about than any of the dross that's been wheeled out since Simia Sapiens and Timewarp. Nonetheless I'm not too excited though. The faster the MA rotates the more CCs and fragments you'd want to spend. I don't always have enough CCs to keep crafting so I'm not sure how much I'd be helped.

As for evolving buildings, I'm just so tired of them now anyway. There are many downsides to them and we've been bludgeoned by them for years now. If not a whole new idea I'd prefer for them to go back to some of the old ones like set buildings or stand alone buildings. Apart from anything else, it seems like a wasteful use of time for the art department when they have to come up with, effectively, 10 different buildings, when most people are only going to keep it on level 10, if they build it.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I think the AW idea would certainly be something more to think about than any of the dross that's been wheeled out since Simia Sapiens and Timewarp. Nonetheless I'm not too excited though. The faster the MA rotates the more CCs and fragments you'd want to spend. I don't always have enough CCs to keep crafting so I'm not sure how much I'd be helped.

As for evolving buildings, I'm just so tired of them now anyway. There are many downsides to them and we've been bludgeoned by them for years now. If not a whole new idea I'd prefer for them to go back to some of the old ones like set buildings or stand alone buildings. Apart from anything else, it seems like a wasteful use of time for the art department when they have to come up with, effectively, 10 different buildings, when most people are only going to keep it on level 10, if they build it.

Sets were worst, they took a lot more space (evolving is essentially a set building on a 3x3 or 4x4 space, instead of making a wide set you evolve the set)

But I would not mind just getting a good building as a prize again like in the very old dat. vernars I, II, III where once a group of grand prizes.
but I am sure someone gonna scream about that as well :)

Julian

Sorcerer
Are you aware for a wonder like that you need to do like 40-50 provinces each week or so just to feed it with relics?
It's kinda a useless wonder if you ask me.
I wasn't suggesting you would do more crafting overall. However, more recipes means you can be more selective in what you craft. More pet food and no need to craft any dross just to open the Mystery Chest. Alternatively, if you're into FAs, you could do more then, but might have to do less at other times.

Gargon667

Mentor
I would like the AW, but I wouldn´t play 3 chapters just to get it... Might be different if they changed the tourney formula and growing a city becomes interesting again, in which case I would be using my diamonds again, but as it stands I just flip the MA until I get what I want, because I have nothing else to do with the diamonds anyway.

Evolves would get much better if they allowed teleporting them, that way we could have a collection in the inventory and swap them in and out according to what we need. If they don´t want to allow teleporting them, they´d better stop making new ones, they become pointless...
Invent something new after 2 years of evolves.

Sets were worst, they took a lot more space (evolving is essentially a set building on a 3x3 or 4x4 space, instead of making a wide set you evolve the set)

At least one can teleport them, badly of course, but better than not at all.

But I would not mind just getting a good building as a prize again like in the very old dat. vernars I, II, III where once a group of grand prizes.
but I am sure someone gonna scream about that as well :)

I´d be happy with that, too, better one building that is worth having, than dozens of junk buildings. As long as they don´t make it too strong again...