• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Pet - The Goose that Lays Golden Eggs

Sir Derf

Adept
Regular Production - Produces Pet Food every 7 days. The number of Pet Food depends on the number of Pets (including the Goose) present in your city at the time you collect the production. On its own, it produces 1 PF, but for every 2 additional Pets present in your city (up to 6 additional) it produces an additional PF (up to a total of 4).

Feeding Effect - Feed the Goose, and for 6 hours, every Pet Food fed to another pet has a chance of producing a Pet Food. Starts at 5%, evolves up to 25%.

1) Had to think for a few minutes to come up with a Pet that could logically produce Pet Food without seeming distasteful.
2) Like that the regular production mechanic could encourage placing additional less desirable Pets to support the feeding of desired pets.

Jake65

Sage
I like this idea.
Pet food is a scarce resource, as are blueprints. 'x' number of players get a blueprint every week, this type of predictable reward would certainly be beneficial if applied to pet food.

Lymhir

Spellcaster
A Goose creating food for a Phoenix or a Bear, what a crazy idea, I see it better as food directly. :)

Lymhir

Spellcaster
I see pet food as a magical element and therefore its production makes more sense in the Magic Academy. At this point it might make sense to improve the time cycle of the academy and the availability of recipe slots.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Regular Production - Produces Pet Food every 7 days. The number of Pet Food depends on the number of Pets (including the Goose) present in your city at the time you collect the production. On its own, it produces 1 PF, but for every 2 additional Pets present in your city (up to 6 additional) it produces an additional PF (up to a total of 4).

Feeding Effect - Feed the Goose, and for 6 hours, every Pet Food fed to another pet has a chance of producing a Pet Food. Starts at 5%, evolves up to 25%.

1) Had to think for a few minutes to come up with a Pet that could logically produce Pet Food without seeming distasteful.
2) Like that the regular production mechanic could encourage placing additional less desirable Pets to support the feeding of desired pets.
Although I am all for an evolving building that produces pet food every 24 or 48 hours.....I don't know how I feel about feeding a pet with pet food just to try and get pet food in return :confused:......and if we do ever get such a building that produces pet food, will that solve the pet food shortage for many people?....as we move further and further into the game, there will be many, many more pets coming out and we'll just fall into the same shortage again........we really need to be focusing on the Magic Academy and try to get that running more efficient for many people (cut some recipes, add more slots, cut the crafting time down)

Sir Derf

Adept
Given the wide range of possible desired rates of Pet Food usage, it is probably impossible to produce a universal 'solution'.

But, there can be improvements.

So far, there have been a number of ways of obtaining Pet Food.
  • Crafting in the Magic Academy
  • Produced by the expiring Savory Bites building sometimes given out in events
  • I think they have been the occasional random item in an event... I think I'm remembering them in both a random chest's random reward table and in at least one of the 16 gifts on a board event.
  • I also think they have been in the rewards path (possibly Royal Reward, so needed diamonds) of an event or 2.

SkyRider99

Immortal
..we really need to be focusing on the Magic Academy and try to get that running more efficient for many people (cut some recipes, add more slots, cut the crafting time down)
That is also a good idea @kimkimkim. I sometimes use the Sip of Clarity to cycle the MA offerings, but usually I just get more rubbish faster. :)

1681773031696.png

Or the game could allow us to use mana to simply buy pet food. Or am I speaking heresy now? ;)

Avaline

Alchemist
The new evolving building from next event will have 1% chances of Pet food drop.. what can I say? Better than nothing :rolleyes:

Avaline

Alchemist
looks interesting....personally they could have kept the spell fragments out of it, we already have a million (yes, an exaggeration lol) ways of getting those
Finished Spire Sunday, got 14k frags, today I have exactly 0.. I would have kept the coins out

kimkimkim

Summoner
Finished Spire Sunday, got 14k frags, today I have exactly 0.. I would have kept the coins out
Either I'm not doing enough crafting or I am the go to person in receiving spell fragments......(sitting on 1.2 million atm)