• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Neighborly Help tab

Sir Derf

Adept
Apparently, this has been fixed. I've been curious for a while, but hadn't gotten desire to test until today. I just did a full, 43-page, 380+ NH (with the Neighbors list now including all of my Fellows), and it went all the way through without gradually increasing delays. Tomorrow I'll time the process.

Sir Derf

Adept
352 Provinces (scouted, occupied cities + Fellowship members), 17:11

2.92 seconds / province

Thank you for finally removing the nearly half-an-hour of time-waste.

Am mildly curious, if INNO were ever willing to air their dirty laundry, what the ultimate problem was and what they did to resolve it.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Just to confirm, we have made no changes at all to this Sir Derf. Whatever has changed for you will have come from your side or things. But nice to hear that this is now working for you also.

Sir Derf

Adept
How about we meet in the middle...

You did acknowledge just making a change in version 1.555 to, and I quote "The Neighborly Help screen should not show players outside your scouted area.". What does this mean? What process, running how often, under what condition, was modified to effect this change?

Is it possible that that change removed or modified some little subroutine call that previously was being performed 350 times after every NH was given, and adding a 25ms delay for every already-helped neighbor? Maybe the test no longer takes place. Maybe the test changed what information it looks at? Maybe the data it accesses is now locally cached and so no longer suffers increasing penalties as it was being increasingly accessed?

So, maybe you have intentionally "...made no changes at all to this...", but nonetheless have ended up making changes that did.

Heck, I'd be willing to personally roll back to v1.554 and spend 10 minutes or so seeing if that made a difference.