• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[New Game Features] Ancient Wonders KP reward overflow.

DeletedUser358

Hello again everyone.

I would like to suggest implementing KP items as rewards for AW donations, kind of like they have in FoE.
At the moment, any donation reward over 10 KPs gets lost.

Here's an example of what currently happens.
Lets say you donate enough KPs to someones AW to earn you 5 KPs as a reward when it is levelled.
While you're offline for a while (sleep, work, etc.), say 8 hours the person you donated the KPs to levels the AW.
When you come back to the game, instead of having 13 KPs (8 per hour that you were gone + 5 KP from the AW donation reward) all you get is 10 KP.
If you're gone for 10 hours...then you basically do not get a KP rewards at all.

So create reward "tokens" that are worth 5 and/or 10 KPs and have them be sent to the players that earned said rewards as an item for them to use when they can/want to.

Thanks,
NecroDee..

DeletedUser358

Raising the limit would be a band-aid solution.
This is due to the fact that the higher the AWs go, the greater the KP reward. (25+)

Also, I wrote:
At the moment, any donation reward over 10 KPs gets lost.
That's not completely true. You still get the full rewards. (so for example if you're at 8KPs and someone levels their AW and you get a 10 KP reward, you will have 18 KPs when you log in)
The issue here is, if that happens in the middle of the night when you are sleeping, and only log on 6 hours after the fact, that's 6 KPs lost on that day alone. So yes, we need this fixed badly, and a KP reward item would be great, so that we don't lose our "sleeping KPs" :)

DeletedUser814

Hello Gr8n8,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on this suggestion! As you might not already know, all Ideas and Suggestions that are forwarded will receive full consideration by the Game Designers, although the decision as to what is implemented ultimately belongs to them alone. :)

Deleted User - 13667

Necrodee brought up a very valid point on this. Sure hope that these are addressed.

DeletedUser

Reading through the German Elvenar Forums I came across a post from their Community Manager addressing basically this same idea (KP packages instead of tokens) after having spoken with the developers:
  1. Technical difficulties make implementing such a feature too complex at the current stage of the game. As more features get implemented, it is possible for a solution to be found.
  2. While it is possible to have "packages" in FoE - there currently isn't an inventory system in Elvenar. Should the devs implement such, then this idea would have potential.
As this implies that too much time would have to currently go into the development of a system where packages would function similar to FoE, we probably won't see this get implemented soon.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Source: It's in German - you've been warned :p

DeletedUser

The main issue, actually, is not "packets" per se, but rather that MORE than 10 KPs will block the accumulation of your hourly allowance.

I'd be perfectly happy with two more squares in the "Buy Some Knowledge Points" popup, one box for Awarded KPs and one for Acquired KPs. If you have an AW open when you buy KPs they ALREADY go to the AW level, so 3/4ths of the code is already in place.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd be perfectly happy with two more squares in the "Buy Some Knowledge Points" popup, one box for Awarded KPs and one for Acquired KPs. If you have an AW open when you buy KPs they ALREADY go to the AW level, so 3/4ths of the code is already in place.
Was thinking something similar to the two additional squares you mention, and that isn't the problem from my understanding. It appears it's the writing of code that lets a player receive a reward "token" in exchange for 5 or 10 KPs. Mind you, I don't see why that can be so difficult considering it's effectively there with the diamonds. Perhaps it just takes too much time away from other features currently in development? I'm starting to think the Elvenar development team at Innos is a very small one.

DeletedUser

Now I know the team is quite small.

You think that is a lot of employees? Can't really blame you, but you have to understand that any content is never created by just one, two or three people. The 10 Innogames employees are there for marketing, management and one of them could be working on content for the game, but probably isn't. 12 frontend and 8 backend developers sounds like a nice big number, but it really isn't. Creating content takes time, lots of testing and experimenting and seemingly goes through as many people as possible before we ever notice anything of it. Plus, these people aren't just working on the game - they have to work on all those other sites related to Elvenar too (Forums/Wiki).

Last little thing to mention: Just cause they're listed doesn't mean they are actively working for this game at the current time either. Thing about credits is - they tend to list anyone who was involved on the project.

DeletedUser358

Just cause they're listed doesn't mean they are actively working for this game at the current time either. Thing about credits is - they tend to list anyone who was involved on the project.
That makes total sense, should have thought of that myself.

DeletedUser

Would auto allocation of kp rewards from AW to a player's own AW, assuming they have any, be a solution? Far from ideal, but still better than just wasting them.

DeletedUser

An inventory is being added to Elvenar: the new February Episode of InnoGames TV has confirmed it. Thus I'd expect KP packages similar to those in FoE to be implemented soon too. :)