• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighbourly Help

McBratty

Enchanter
Im sure Im not the only person for whom this is an issue. Time zone differences make it quite difficult to reap the benefits of visits. If people in Europe pay me a visit, by the time Im awake ( Southern Hemisphere), there is only an hour or even less left on their visit making it pointless to put a spell on it.
This has bugged me for years especially if you are in a fellowship of people who are predominantly in the opposite hemisphere to yourself. Now I could go look for a Fellowship that caters to people in the southern hemisphere but is this really fair? Surely something in the game mechanics could be tweaked so as to allow us the full visit time when we log in or base it on our time zone. Im not technical so cant offer solutions but please Devs, have a look at this as it really disadvantages an awful lot of people!

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'm not sure, but don't the Perk Points assist somewhat?

1702041001200.png
1702041078156.png

Or is the issue with receiving (i.e. not returning) NH visits. I keep applying EE enchantments regularly, especially to my mana-producing buildings.

I may be looking at the wrong angle here. :cool:

Jake65

Sage
@SkyRider99 I also thought this would be a solution but, on rereading the post, I think it's to do with the limited time of NH on culture buildings.
It could run out while you're sleeping in which case all the potential benefit is lost.

Edit to add: The Great Bell Spire AW addresses this by increasing NH duration but that does mean building and levelling up another AW.

McBratty

Enchanter
Spot on chaps. For example if someone in the UK visits me due to the 8 hours time difference between us, by the time I wake up and get online the visit only has about 10 mins remaining on it. If I apply spells on buildings, they might click on them but Im not around to take advantage of that so its lost. The perks can extend the length of time the spell lasts but it doesnt affect how long the actual visit itself lasts. Least thats my understanding and god knows Ive been wrong a few times lol.

Honeybubbles

Adventurer
The Chrystal Lighthouse is the Wonder for this problem. Fully upgraded, neighbourly help lasts 24 hrs instead of 8 hrs.
The Blue Begonia expiring 1x1s, offered in previous events, extend the help for 24 minutes and can be stacked.

Last edited:

McBratty

Enchanter
Thanks Honeybubbles. Those Blue Begonia are long gone lol. Im reluctant to build this AW as i just dont have the space. I feel there has to be another way for the developers to resolve this issue besides having us all build yet another AW. I know, not a very realistic attitude on my part. :(

Honeybubbles

Adventurer
Thanks Honeybubbles. Those Blue Begonia are long gone lol. Im reluctant to build this AW as i just dont have the space. I feel there has to be another way for the developers to resolve this issue besides having us all build yet another AW. I know, not a very realistic attitude on my part. :(
Maybe you could squeezy it in somewhere, somehow? Even level 1 it gives an extra two and half hours on neighbourly help...