• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Need some encouragement

FULL

UPDATE

Feeling way more positive. Have merged and have 19 strong team members, got our first 10 chest first attempt. We still have space for 6 but atm we are good. Thanks for all the reply’s cx

I’m battling to stay positive, I’m archmage of what was a really great and supportive fellowship. Since covid we lost a couple of our most respected big hitters. They sit dormant unable to be replaced as it’s really hard recruiting,but on my radar. This year five experienced members have left to go onwards, with no complaints only thanks for support and help with growth. I’ve managed to recruit a couple of new members and one larger one recently but feel exhausted that we have gone from 10 chests to a hard 7 and I’m overcompensating. I have a solid team of 10/12 players and don’t know what to do next. I love my fellowship and my team 7/8 of us have been together for 5 years. What can I do? Merger has been discussed, keep recruiting small cities? I’m at a loss and on the brink of closing the fellowship. Xx

Last edited:

Alcaro

Necromancer
Hi @prettiest star
So sorry to hear about all the struggle you have. I've been where you are now and I've learned a lesson the hard way: you can't keep active players and non active together. The active ones will be frustrated that their efforts are wasted and eventually they will leave.
I can suggest you only from my experience - not saying that necessary will apply to your FS or is the best way. Try to have a discussion with your fellows (especially the active and reliable ones), they might want to support you in your endeavour. Expel the inactive ones and set a very clear set of expectations, for existing fellows, as well for recruiting. If there's a pattern, it will be worse before will be better.
Wish you all the best!

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
You've managed to recruit new players so that's great, you're doing it right. It will only get easier as your fellowship will get more active members and more attractive to join. Yes, it is hard work to do the recruiting but it can be rewarding. When it gets too hard I'd talk to your fellows and see what they think. If you won't get many replies back, you need to do what feels right to* you. It's no fun to feel pressured to do something that you don't enjoy.
Good luck :)

Edit: *Corrected from "by" to "to". One sneaky little wrong word can change the whole meaning :D:eek:
Hopefully I got it right this time around.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
The first thing to do is tidy the deadwood from your fellowship. You have 7 inactive players. This ranges back to one who hasn't played the game for 18 months. When a lot, (or most) good active players are seeking a fellowship they will look the team up on Elvenstats. If they see what I am seeing there it will make many people think that this isn't an active well-managed team. Whatever your reasons for it, that is off-putting for most. You may think that it looks better to keep big inactive players hanging around. It doesn't.

The second thing that may help will be to re-write your fellowship summary. You have the relevant information in there, but it would be better to decide on your philosophy, where you would like to be, what your ambitions/goals are, and then try to sell people the idea of joining you in realising those dreams.

Thirdly (and you may do this already, but just to say), it is good to have targets, etc, as I see that you have, but you need to manage those targets and make sure people hit them, or don't have the targets at all. If there is no pressure for people to perform then many won't do. The biggest problem with that is your best players will become disillusioned with it all and start to leave.

The last thing, probably most important, is that recruiting takes some hard work. You have to actively go out and identify the active unattached players, decide if you would like them with you, then start sending messages to persuade them. Many players will wait for fellowships to come to them because it is much easier from their perspective.

SkyRider99

Mentor
You have to actively go out and identify the active unattached players, decide if you would like them with you, then start sending messages to persuade them. Many players will wait for fellowships to come to them because it is much easier from their perspective.
Hi @prettiest star.

@Pauly7 has some excellent advice. It is a continual battle to build and re-build a fellowship. Have faith in yourself, and hold your vision for the future close.

When you send out messages to prospective new members, you may get a variety of responses. Some good, and some bad. Be shrewd in your assessment of the words they use in responding. Try to choose those who would make a good addition to your team.

Best wishes. :)

Some great advice here, ive sent a message to my fellowship informing them of situation. I know I might lose a few more after but that’s how it is. Ditching the dormant members in a week when I’ve had replies from others.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Some great advice here, ive sent a message to my fellowship informing them of situation. I know I might lose a few more after but that’s how it is. Ditching the dormant members in a week when I’ve had replies from others.
You can also check ElvenStats to review activity status.

Elvenstats is a good place to check out potential new members to your fellowship. For example, to review their previous FS membership record.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Welcome to the Archmage Club, @prettiest star, the thankless job of adult babysitting! I'm in touch with a lot of other fellow Archmages and recruiting is no doubt one of the biggest source of burnout for everyone. It's a player's market out there! It's really easy to start a fellowship so there isn't a shortage for players to choose from.

I agree with what’s already said. I will add to not be discouraged if no one replies back either when you approach them. I don’t know if this is an EN server/language barrier thing, but I will usually at least get a “no” reply if someone isn’t interested when I am recruiting on the US servers, but there are a lot more messages into the empty void around here. Don’t let that bother you though because if someone can’t even take the time to correspond, you will have the same problem when they come aboard. Consider yourself saved from an administrative problem child!

Sir Derf

Adept
Also, consider plowing Fellowship Perk Points to Tourney Archive. Bank your Tourney Points, make a coordinated push every once in awhile, and you can still get a 10 chest with that sweet, sweet Blueprint occasionally.

MyriadSilver

Dreamer
Are you still looking for new members Star? Could you fit in another 5 active players?
There are five of us working our little socks off and not managing to get past 7-8 chests in the tourney and bronze in the spire because we're in a FS full of mostly inactive players.
A couple of us are getting to the point of thinking we might be tempted to jump ship if we could take our friends with us.

Last edited:
Are you still looking for new members Star? Could you fit in another 5 active players?
There are five of us working our little socks off and not managing to get past 7-8 chests in the tourney and bronze in the spire because we're in a FS full of mostly inactive players.
A couple of us are getting to the point of thinking we might be tempted to jump ship if we could take our friends with us.
We have merged and have 19 daily strong players, but need 6 more if your 5 are still interested

Last edited: