• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Need Gold

DeletedUser9633

So, only been playing for an hour or so and am stuck at a halt already....Task/Quest is to upgrade main hall which costs 3300 gold......I have 4 residences 2 (3stars) and 2(2 stars)....

is this normal? I have 1700 gold atm and guessing it will take several hours to complete this quest. Any suggestions will be appreciated... TY

Ky Rynn

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Yeah gold is in short supply early on. Build as many residences as you can before then waiting for the gold to upgrade your Main Hall. Also make sure to raise your culture as high as you can as this increases gold production.

The good news is that fairly soon you'll have more gold than you know what to do with.

Timneh

Artisan
The game can be a bit slow so patience is needed when you play. If you scout neighbouring cities on the world map, you can visit those cities and give neighbourly help and as a reward you will get some gold. The mount of gold you get will increase as you upgrade your main hall. If your neighbours visit you and click on your main hall that will also give you some gold. If you give neighbourly help to someone that has visited you in the last 23 hours (i think, someone please correct if i got the time wrong) then you will also get a small amount of supplies as well as gold. You can only give neighbourly help to cities that you have scouted on the world map and you can only visit them once per day.
Sorry if that sounds complicated but you will soon get the hang of it. Joining a fellowship will help as well.

Deleted User - 106219

Have you unlocked side quests yet? The best way to get gold and supplies early on is from quests. If you have side quests, simply decline the ones you can't do until you get to one you can.

Sir Derf

Adept
It is normal. There will be many natural occasions where your needs and wants versus your haves and can-makes cause you to wait, and there are many choices that you make that will effect that balance.

Welcome to our world.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
Well as all games in this category , you need patient and a lot of planning ahead.The game is not about the now but rather what it will be tomorrow or next week or next month.
Use the gold as an opportunity to learn that. You need to prioritize things to do and come down with a strategy on how you want to play the game.

When i start playing the game i realized i will hit the gold very fast so i went to build many houses but then i realize i need also many worshops!!!
But then i realize i do not have the space. So i had to level up the ones i had before considering to do any misions.

With that i manage too play 1 hour straight building upgrading doing quest, Which help a lot with the gold and resources to keep me going.

But now is the wonderful slow process to gather resources and materials choose what to upgrade and at which order to do so. If you plan nice you will have some slow times but then also you will have some rewards of some times you will move forward rather fast. I do not worry about the missions i do my planning and later on when its time i finish 4-5 mission at the go.

it is really nice game if you like this type that is.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
So, only been playing for an hour or so and am stuck at a halt already....Task/Quest is to upgrade main hall which costs 3300 gold......I have 4 residences 2 (3stars) and 2(2 stars)....

is this normal? I have 1700 gold atm and guessing it will take several hours to complete this quest. Any suggestions will be appreciated... TY

Ky Rynn

Welcome to an empire building game... nothing out of the ordinary. You will get your gold.

I burn it in the wholesaler all the time and have hundreds of spells, so you will be fine long term :)