• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Moving to stage 2 of FA

Is there any benefit in staying at stage 1 of the fellowship adventure if 1 path is already finished? The only benefit I can see is ranking points, which are only relevant if your fellowship is likely to be in the top 50? Is that correct? Is there any other reason you would not collect the reward and move to the next stage? (other than giving members who haven't contributed a chance to?)

SkyRider99

Immortal
I think you have largely answered your own questions @Queen Sierra :)

Ranking points are useful for the Top-100.

Allow time for everyone who are participating, so they can add a badge. (As you say)

Moving to Stage-2 and Stage-3 increases the challenge. More fun? o_O

Thanks for your reply

Do you think it's possible to rank in the top 100 by completing all 3 paths of stage 1? To me, that sounds like the only benefit of staying at stage 1, other than a bit of a team building exercise.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Even if we decide to do a relaxed FA, we will always complete all 3 paths of Stage 1 bc it's not that difficult. It also provides more checkpoints for members to be able to drop a badge in to count for the rewards. If you only do 1 path, a lot of people might show up and there's nothing for them to drop badges into bc they don't have the badges for the current checkpoint. You could potentially be waiting around waiting for one or two stragglers to finally be able to get a badge in. Sitting around waiting for checkpoints also provides for a poor FA experience because there's a whole lot of nothing to do. When you get more teammates engaged, the more they'll be self-motivated to play :)

SkyRider99

Immortal
Even if we decide to do a relaxed FA, we will always complete all 3 paths of Stage 1 bc it's not that difficult.
Since the last FA our FS has had three or four new active members who have only now made this possible. It is a great idea.

I may be wrong, but three paths in Stage-1 only probably wouldn't get into the Top-100, by itself. I think you also need two or three paths in Stages 2 and 3?

Alcaro

Necromancer
At this moment we did all 3 paths on all 3 stages and we are ranked #34. I think all 3 paths/1st stage and one path + all multicolored cross points in the next 2 stages will bring your FS in Top100.

Sir Derf

Adept
Allusion to semi-pointless math...

The Badges-to-points ratios of many FA Waypoints are less than if those badges were used in the Pit.