• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Mountains hall calculation improvement production

Greywar

Seeker
Hi
I built in my city Mountains hall AC and level#1 should provide me 124% improvement of boosted production
I produced marble (level 18, boost 700%) 1320 in 3h and now after building 1360. So, according to my math knowledge it improvent of 3%
What I missed?
Please, advice

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Greywar could you please send a ticket to support?

Thank you

Deleted User - 341074

No need to bother support about this, it's working as intended.

1320 in 3h at 700% relic boost is
165 base + 700% = 1320.

the mounting halls gives a 24% boost to your base. (100% natural, plus 24% is shown as 124%)
165 * 0.24 = 39.6 round up to 40

1320+40=1360

or, to put it another way:
100%(base) + 700%(relics) + 24% (wonder) = 824%
165 * 824= 1360

Greywar

Seeker
Thank you for help and detail explanation, but actually i dissapointed from this AC :( I expected for more

BlueBlou

Illusionist
This AW also has a population aspect where it gives you extra population based on your working population. It is a very big building relatively speaking, but the advantage of an AW is that it never will change in size. I built it both for the extra production boost and the extra population. Soggyshorts sure has a knack of bringing one down to earth, as it is easy to forget that one must work from base figures. If you don’t care to work it out every time, on app it shows you what the values will be for different levels of the AW if you upgrade it. If you wonder if it is a good AW to build or not, go visit a few of the cities of the top, or other, players and see if they have it.

Gargon667

Mentor
@SoggyShorts explained the difference between base and actual production so no need to elaborate on that. So I will only add some thoughts as to if it is good or bad ;)

Many AW work this way, the benefit seems very small, the point is however to consider that you will get the benefit from this point onwards until you either delete the AW or stop playing, so if you play for a couple of year the benefits will be enormous. Best example for this is the Martial Monastery/Sanctuary: It is one of the best AWs in the game, but the hitpoint bonus is tiny (the culture is just a nice extra). But every hitpoint you gain are troops that survive in every fight you do forever. It sometimes only saves a few troops (usually, this is what it does and that is great in itself), but sometimes it will make the difference between winning and loosing a fight. In a high tournament province that can mean hundreds of thousands of troops in one encounter (that is the occasional bonus).

Also there are not many AW that are awesome at level 1. Most need upgrading to say lvl 11 or 16 before they become good. And if an AW is worth upgrading to lvl 16 it is also worth upgrading to lvl 30 (well or at least 26, the last full powered rune circle). Since it will take a while to do that you better choose your AWs wisely (most people don´t of course).

Now as to your Mountain Halls: It used to be a staple of every city (and because of that it still exists everywhere) for a reason. It has two very nice effects: It gives population based on your working pop (which means more and more as you grow your city) and it gives a boost to goods, the only possiblity to permanently increase production once you have reach full relic boost (all other measures are temporary). Both in itself would be reasons to build an AW, but together it makes a great AW. The only problem with it are the new tourneys. The MHalls now make the tourney more expensive without it being able to reduce costs more than that (the goods boost is not THAT big). But out of all the AWs that do not make tourneys better it is still one of the most useful (together with the GA, the other pop AW). I personally am not only a tourney player but also a FA player and MHalls help with the new FA system, so I can add that as a little bonus to its general usefulness and accept the effect it has on tourneys, but it sure is not an AW I would push past lvl 11 or so early on. Much better to focus on the really important AWs nowadays.