• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Mountain Halls

Julian

Sorcerer
I'm considering getting this wonder, but I'm not sure what benefit it gives; elvengems is self-contradictory. Assuming you have a relic boost of 700%, what benefit does a level 1 mountain halls have? Elvengems says 124%. I assume that's a 24% increase. But does that result in it being 700+24=724% or 700*1.24=868%. If it's the former, it's not really worth it.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
boost.JPG

I am building all AWs, I am in orcs atm. My MH is level 7.

ENNO always counts the initial 100% too. So (random number) 480% means total so, it is counting the initial base 100% as you can go below that number. (A treant without any defense boosts, aka 100%, getting hit by an Elite Archer, and going down to 80% due to "bulls-eye" ability.)

Errandil

Conjurer
If it's the former, it's not really worth it.
The main benefit of MH in my opinion is the population bonus, though due to it's size it becomes useful in the later chapters. The production boost is just a nice bonus on top, but not the main reasonto build it.

Hekata

Artisan
The main benefit of MH in my opinion is the population bonus, though due to it's size it becomes useful in the later chapters. The production boost is just a nice bonus on top, but not the main reasonto build it.

The problem with the production boost is that it only covers the regular boosted goods and not the sentient ones. For that we need another wonder. I think it's a bit unfair since the Mountain Halls is quite a big wonder and its value basically diminishes when you start needing more sentient goods. The pop bonus is nice but you have to be both in an advanced chapter and have the wonder at a decent level. Mine is a lv 21 and I'm in constructs and it gives me a bit over 19k. pop. But upgrading it to lv 21 costs a lot of kps, I think it's one of the most expensive wonders. I invested in it because I wanted to be mostly a trader and I didn't know that it didn't cover sentient goods. Now that I know trading only is not possible at later stages I keep it for the pop and because I like to have a roller-coaster in my city but I'm not sure I'd recommend it and slim chances I'll be upgrading it any time soon.

DeletedUser9340

@Hekata Agreed :)
I'm considering getting this wonder, but I'm not sure what benefit it gives; elvengems is self-contradictory. Assuming you have a relic boost of 700%, what benefit does a level 1 mountain halls have? Elvengems says 124%. I assume that's a 24% increase. But does that result in it being 700+24=724% or 700*1.24=868%. If it's the former, it's not really worth it.
It boosts the percentage of the boosted goods after 700%. I use it now I have 738% I guess :/ Correction:Its 736%

Errandil

Conjurer
The problem with the production boost is that it only covers the regular boosted goods and not the sentient ones. For that we need another wonder. I think it's a bit unfair since the Mountain Halls is quite a big wonder and its value basically diminishes when you start needing more sentient goods. The pop bonus is nice but you have to be both in an advanced chapter and have the wonder at a decent level. Mine is a lv 21 and I'm in constructs and it gives me a bit over 19k. pop. But upgrading it to lv 21 costs a lot of kps, I think it's one of the most expensive wonders. I invested in it because I wanted to be mostly a trader and I didn't know that it didn't cover sentient goods. Now that I know trading only is not possible at later stages I keep it for the pop and because I like to have a roller-coaster in my city but I'm not sure I'd recommend it and slim chances I'll be upgrading it any time soon.
I must say that your's MH already has better pop per square than any event building. So it's not useless by any means. Yes, it takes a lot of KP but it saves a lot of space as well. For me it's pretty high in my priority list, same as GA.

Julian

Sorcerer
Okay, as I'm not totally convinced be mountain halls, I'll open it up more widely. I'm coming up to constructs. I have the golden abyss, monastery, prosperity towers, dragon abbey and sunset towers. What other ancient wonder would people suggest, either one coming up or one I've overlooked?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
It seems that you fight in tournaments, how about some military wonders? Flying Academy to speed up your Mercenary Camp or Needles to speed up the Barracks. Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms to increase training size and time.

Julian

Sorcerer
I don't need to speed up training times. They're already fast enough. But the Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms looks good. Unless I'm mistaken, even at lv 1, it's better than 2 of my armouries! Cheers.

Errandil

Conjurer
I don't need to speed up training times. They're already fast enough.
I wish I could say that, lol. But in my opinion all military-related AWs worth building for unit boosts and additional unit production. The more of them you have the more you can do in the tournaments, to get more KP to upgrade your AWs to do more in tournaments and so on. If AW produces units or gives them some bonus it's a good idea to build it.

Errandil

Conjurer
Then definitely Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms should come first. Ideally there shouldn't be any pauses in your troops production.

Pauly7

Magus
The easier question is which AWs shouldn't you have. For me the answer is BTG, Maze, Enar, Watchtower.

OK, that can start debate and that's not my intention, but the point is that if you fight then it is worth building all the military wonders. Everyone should build all the supplies and population giving AWs.

If your training time is 3.5 hours then that is what you should remedy, either with armouries or (more usefully) with Shrine of the Shrooms and Dwarven Bulwark.

Julian

Sorcerer
If your training time is 3.5 hours then that is what you should remedy,

When I said that was my training time, I meant it was the time to train all 5 slots in my barracks. Depending on what I'm training, it can go up to 6h, but it still gets done overnight with time to spare, so there's no benefit in making it faster.

Pauly7

Magus
In either case armouries, Shrine of the Shrooms and Bulwark would be a good idea. From the above it sounds like you have Shrooms on the go. If you get that up to about level 6 then that will probably turn your 6 hours into 7 and a half.

For me my main aim is to train as fast as possible (Needles is on level 30), then I bring up the armouries, Shrooms and Bulwark until the training time is 7-8 hours, then I level up Prosperity Towers, Endless Excavation, Tome of Secrets, until I have enough supplies to pay for that demand. It's an endless cycle, but AWs make it work.