• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

More opportunities to get pet food

Kimelve

Spellcaster
With the addition of so many phoenixes and other buildings that require pet food, we need more opportunities to gain pet food. I have a stack of buildings in my city that I can't utilise because I hardly ever get pet food crafting opportunities. What is the point of giving us more and more of these buildings but not providing pet food to feed them with? Perhaps we could have a Wonder that gives pet food?

Sir Derf

Adept
They did add an expiring event building a couple events ago that produces a few... that was more...

I suppose they could provide some pet food if you sell a pet? Or is that too much realism for a fantasy game?

Lymhir

Spellcaster
With the addition of so many phoenixes and other buildings that require pet food, we need more opportunities to gain pet food. I have a stack of buildings in my city that I can't utilise because I hardly ever get pet food crafting opportunities. What is the point of giving us more and more of these buildings but not providing pet food to feed them with? Perhaps we could have a Wonder that gives pet food?
There are currently no less than two recipes in the Magic Academy that provide food and which I see frequently. If they were made more frequent it would be to the detriment of others and I think that would be a mistake. There are other options, such as certain buildings and events.

You say you have a city full of buildings that require food, well that's your problem, you don't have to build everything that is offered, you have to make a strategic choice, it's fair and very nice that there is a wide choice of buildings, but you don't have to build them all, it doesn't make sense and it's not feasible.

Jake65

Sage
You have to make the tough decision which pets are going to starve :( :D

Some pets are only worth feeding at specific times, (eg the Red Panda should only be fed during an FA) so decide whether the return from the feeding effect is worth it during normal gameplay.
Also see how you can maximise the feeding benefit. With a Timewarp AW levelled up a bit you can get 3 tournament rounds with only one feeding of a Fire Phoenix. And try and time it so it works with the spire as well.
If you 'need' the goods from a fed Winter Owl then maybe an extra manu is a worthwhile investment.

Ultimately one has to be frugal with the pet food.

Kimelve

Spellcaster
There are currently no less than two recipes in the Magic Academy that provide food and which I see frequently. If they were made more frequent it would be to the detriment of others and I think that would be a mistake. There are other options, such as certain buildings and events.

You say you have a city full of buildings that require food, well that's your problem, you don't have to build everything that is offered, you have to make a strategic choice, it's fair and very nice that there is a wide choice of buildings, but you don't have to build them all, it doesn't make sense and it's not feasible.
Currently I am only trying to feed 2 - Witty Raccoon and Moon Bear, and I don't get enough crafting opportunities for those two any more. A couple of months ago, the frequency of crafting opportunities dramatically reduced. Also, my post is here as feedback for Inno. I actually don't give a flying phoenix what your view is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Lets keep it friendly guys! All Ideas/Suggestions/Feedback are welcome! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Jake65

Sage
Currently I am only trying to feed 2 - Witty Raccoon and Moon Bear
Then I definitely think you're being short-changed.
I'll keep track how often they pop up in my MA just for interests sake.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I must admit, I must be one of the frugal ones.....I really just feed my fire phoenix and brown bear, keeping my pet food at the lowest of 20 in storage at all times (I'm always time boosting anything I make in the 5th slot of the Magic Academy so that slot is always free)....as a side note though -

I think the big issue here is the Magic Academy........we have soooooooo many things being offered for crafting that realistically the Magic Academy needs a revamp......maybe add another one or two slots, spread out the recipes amongst them all, which then should help recipes come out more frequently to be crafted orrrrrr.......

as @Kimelve says, have an Ancient Wonder that gives pet food or just a permanent building (probably an evolve) that spits out 1 pet food every 24 hour

Lymhir

Spellcaster
Also, my post is here as feedback for Inno. I actually don't give a flying phoenix what your view is, so check your tone or better still shut up.
@Kimelve if you don't want to receive comments from users of this forum then write directly to Innogames support, because then you've come to the wrong place. :)

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I usually use 2.5 - 3 pet food per week, and my supply is steadily increasing. I do agree though that the return on investment you get for feeding a pet varies greatly. I use 1 food for my polar bear every two weeks, and I can run a full tournament & spire with a fed Fire Phoenix and Twilight Phoenix. This has massive impact. I don't think you get a comparable return for feeding e.g. the Racoon.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Well that depends on your playing style, do you use fighting or diplomacy more? :)
Well, that's what I'm not sure about. When you think about the maximum potential of any given pet, nothing comes close to the Fire Phoenix. Other pets might be more situational, but in most cases, I really can't come up with situations where I'd think that feeding some other pet is my best option.