• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Modifications to the Arcane residue badges in Fellowship Adventures

Hexy Agogo

Novice
Hi,

This is a repost of a thread started in the beta forum that is most appropriately discussed in this forum.

It represents the consensus of my fellowship the Calm with an additional suggestion posted in the beta forum.

We really enjoyed the last Fellowship Adventure. Thank you.

The arcane residue badge from our perspective needs modification.

The issues that need improvement are:
  • Vision Vapors need to be stored then claimed
  • The algorithm needs to create 2.9 arcane residue badges when an item is crafted that produced 29 Vision vapors.
The major reason the changes should be planned as their implementation will increase the participation rate of the majority of the players of your game in the next Fellowship Adventure.

The suggestion posted in the beta ponders whether changing the arcane residue badge to a 1 per produced craft item similar to the Druids staff badge would be a simpler and effective change for our advocacy.

Please post your support for these changes or suggest other mechanisms that will improve the bottleneck that is created when arcane residue badges are required in future Fellowship Adventures.

Many thanks
Hexy

Deleted User - 1829734

I, and everyone in my fellowship, would love to see the requirements of the Arcane Residue reduced. I'm not sure that either of your proposals would happen since there is no other badge that works in either way. As much as it would be handy to have coins, troops, T1 stored etc, I recall reading somewhere on the forum in the past that Inno feels the FA should require some actual participation, so some active clicking/tapping I guess you could say.
I think the best we can hope for is a reduction in the required VV, or it changed to a number of items crafted. Neither are exactly ideal since the crafted items can vary so much in their requirements needed or VV given. Perhaps somewhere in the region of 6-8 VV, or 2 or 3 items crafted? Lower would be nicer of course, but I don't know that Inno would want to go much lower than they have already from the FA on beta.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Thank you!

We received some feedback about the arcane residues and a few more aspects. We are going to pass your message, @Hexy Agogo to our developers :)

Gargon667

Mentor
As I already said in other places on the subject, but am happy to add it here again:

The by far easiest way to increase the production of the badge, is to simply lower the VV requirement to 1. It requires nearly no programming at all, merely the exchange of a number in the code and a bit of text for item descriptions.
All these elaborate schemes to make the badge better are nice ideas, but require lots of programming time, because the code simply doesn´t exist. that would require a big monetary investment by Inno, so it is very unlikely to happen.

1 VV would mean nearly every recipe will create a badge, since every CC collected creates a druid staff badge, I see no problem of creating a badge for nearly every crafted recipe, the crafting is still much more difficult than the collection of a CC (which btw is needed for the crafting afterwards as well in most cases)

Deleted User - 2077221

I like your solution but I just want to provide a backup incase Devs and event planners think yours would make it "too easy".

Make amount of Vision Vapours needed = to chapter.

Already the higher chapter you are in the easier you can get catalysts through spire.

Already the higher chapter you are in the easier you can get the other crafting material from spire and disenchanting un-needed tournament rewards.

Plus longtime players have more sets from spire.

So just make a level 9 city require 9 vapor per badge. Make 15 require 15 vapor.

kimkimkim

Summoner
@Enneth , you need to take into account that not all high level players play the spire therefore they would not have easy access to combining catalysts from way of chests in the spire or from the moonstone set that comes from the spire, so they would have to make them in the magic academy.......so in my opinion your backup would not be viable to the Devs.

Deleted User - 2077221

Oh I totally forgot about that. Yeah without spire it's a lot harder getting frags and CCs so the original suggestion is better.

Really I think this shouldn't even be a badge lol.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I think it could be a great badge, but the Devs definitely need to make a modification to it......someone here suggested making it be craft 1 item in the magic academy, that seems much more doable than trying to craft multiple useless items to make 10VV

Gargon667

Mentor
I like your solution but I just want to provide a backup incase Devs and event planners think yours would make it "too easy".

Make amount of Vision Vapours needed = to chapter.

Already the higher chapter you are in the easier you can get catalysts through spire.

Already the higher chapter you are in the easier you can get the other crafting material from spire and disenchanting un-needed tournament rewards.

Plus longtime players have more sets from spire.

So just make a level 9 city require 9 vapor per badge. Make 15 require 15 vapor.

How does chapter influence your spire/tourney other than negatively? Chapter 17 is worse than 16 which is worse than 15. Before that i would say it goes up and down as you move through the tech tree.