• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Message NOTifications

Sir Derf

Adept
As the original poster, I can say that I only had the issue that I reported several times over the course of a day or two, and so had already been not experiencing this for over a week.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Excellent News

OldHag

Necromancer
I'm still experiencing mail issues, although they are not the same as @Sir Derf but incredibly frustrating.......when someone posts in more then one thread at a time in our fs (swap threads mainly), I have to log out each time to see all new messages, as I only get to see one new message, the rest are loading on the last page. this has been going on for weeks now. :(

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm still experiencing mail issues, although they are not the same as @Sir Derf but incredibly frustrating.......when someone posts in more then one thread at a time in our fs (swap threads mainly), I have to log out each time to see all new messages, as I only get to see one new message, the rest are loading on the last page. this has been going on for weeks now. :(

I have the same issues on the PC version.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Guys! Just a quick one.... an update was done a couple of days ago... if you haven't already could you please perform a cache clear on your device and see if that makes a noticeable difference over the next couple of days!

Just throwing out a possible resolution!!

Do let me know how you get on!! :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Guys! Just a quick one.... an update was done a couple of days ago... if you haven't already could you please perform a cache clear on your device and see if that makes a noticeable difference over the next couple of days!

Just throwing out a possible resolution!!

Do let me know how you get on!! :)

My settings clear cache on each closure of chrome, so don't think it will help but will do a manual one also just to be sure ty.

m4rt1n

Adept
The issue is still occurring today and a game reload is required to see messages once someone replies in them, it affects the kp swap threads the most for me.

OldHag

Necromancer
cleared my cache and no luck, it's still an issue.

m4rt1n

Adept
I am on PC and have tried a full shutdown and restart also, on top of that I am subscribed to Drivermax* the full package that daily also clears all temporary files, chatting with my fellows, the issue may be a conflict between the app and PC versions, as it now seems to me the messages that disappear are posted in by app players and if a PC player posts the message remains, a browser refresh and the hidden messages show.

How does turning off my router help? (apart from making my TV reset and annoying my teenage son on XBox lol)

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Routers also use a caching system, which means they hold code to save repeatedly reloading it. The very same as your PC does, so this code also gets out of date when new codes arrive, so by turning it off for three minutes this reboot clears the cache there too.

OldHag

Necromancer
After clearing my cache, I switched my computer and router off overnight, but it hasn't changed anything, I can still only see one mail whilst the others are 'loading' on the last page. So I am still having to log out and back in again to see all new messages.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I'm far from pleased @Heroditex - Again, I've cleared my cache, turned off my computer and router (for 10minutes) and as soon as someone made multiple posts (swap threads) I get notified of 1 message the others are still loading on the back page.

Have you checked it's the new version that you've got loaded? If you click the gear icon (bottom right on the pc/laptop) and then options you can see which version you've got running. I was still getting the problem earlier but when I checked I was still on the previous version.