• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features "Master & Slave" Feature for Goods structures and similar buildings.

DeletedUser6830

Hello all, members and admins,
This is my first post here on forums and I'd like to share my thoughts about new system for Supply and Production buildings. ie. workshops, goods manufactures, and other structures that acts like them.

The Idea:

"Master & Slave" - makes a user control a single building (goods or supply) and able to spread or copy-out the action to other similar structures of the kind.

Simply put, one should assign a "Master" structure and the rest of "Slaves" follows.

The Reason:

The Game's system doesn't have yet this kind of feature, since we all know how hard to repeatedly do the same action on every structures in the city. With these function, we could make it at ease.

The Solution & Presentation:

Here I attached images, at least shows how would this look and function for the idea of "Master & Slave". (Excuse me for making such childish edits, no copy-rights issues intended, all for presentation only)

"The Master/ Lock":
  • Users can freely choose which structure they can mark as Master/Lock;
  • Once set up, a flag will pop above the structure, as a sign that it is marked as Master/Lock.
  • Target structures: ie: Workshop, Goods Manufacturies.
2rxb4aq.gif
  • Click the new "Overview" tab added for setting up a Master/Lock.
  • Below shows the structure's status and commands available.
  • To setup to Master/Lock, check the box next to it under commands.
  • An input bar will be accessed for how many slave/chained structure to be used.
  • The numbers are adjustable to user's preference but varies on available number of unoccupied slaves/chained.
vyr68n.jpg
  • Below shows how to unlock a Master/Lock, also for adjusting numbers of linked slaves/chained.
  • To an existing Master/Lock, compared to previous sample, its status shows the current slaves/chained linked to it.
  • By simply putting numbers acquires slaves/chained structure from other unoccupied similar buildings.
  • It cannot slave/chained any similar structure that is already a slave/chained to other Master/Lock.*
  • The reduced number of slaves/chained structures won't interrupt their pending productions.
  • The removed slaves/chained will not sync in the next production via Master/Lock.
16a4qvm.jpg

"The Slave/Chained":
  • "Slaves/Chained" refers to structures linked to a Master/Lock.
  • It follows which productions the Master/Lock chooses.
  • The difference in products' amount still depends on structure's level.
  • If the Master/Lock commands to produce a 15min, all Slaves will do a 15 min according to each own levels.
  • Below shows how to free-up an "idle" or "busy" slave/chained structure.
  • Under the Overview tab, shows its status and commands available.
  • To free-up a slave/chained, click on the box next to it under commands.
  • Freeing a busy slave/chained structure won't interrupt its production, but devoid from a Master/Lock's next command.
  • A free-up "idle" slave/chained structure will still be subjected to a new Master/Lock's command.*
  • If the users choose to produce products on a slave/chained structure, the said slave/chained will be freed from Master/Lock's control. As if it acts like as normal as the current ones today.
azghl4.jpg
2nr1q2c.jpg
2uzy0pc.jpg
Notes:
* - Debatable if there are multiple Master/Lock options.

Thank you Very Much!

cwgiii

Shaman
I LOVE this idea.

Unfortunately, I doubt that Inno will like it. They seem to be making decisions to "slow" progress. And encourage minimized collections One example of several is the circular quest lines. It seems that they don't want it to be too easy to set productions or collect goods, badges, etc. IMHO.

DeletedUser3781

That would be great, less clicking :) I could also see the master building as a special structure unlocked at some point in the game.

DeletedUser5983

Great idea!
I'd like to add. As we can see, in the top level all buildings are gigantic. But the beauty of the buildings lost in the crowd. What we see is ugly crowded cities.

With the Master and Slave idea, maybe we need only one of the highest level buildings. The slaves can be from level 1 up.
This feature will add more fun in city planning and we can enjoy the beauty of each gigantic building. Also space problem can be reduced.