• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Manna Decay Error Compensation

DeletedUser

The latest notification said 2 lots of manna decayed due to a technical error and we're told we'll be compensated by 2 days of manna decay being skipped but from 2AM Thursday to 2AM Friday, which they mention, is only 1 day!

DeletedUser3097

The daily decay (mana and sentient goods) occurs daily at 02:00 UTC so the time period mentioned will include two decays:

Thursday: 02:00 and Friday: 02:00 UTC

Hope this helps clarify the situation :)

Timneh

Artisan
The daily decay (mana and sentient goods) occurs daily at 02:00 UTC so the time period mentioned will include two decays:

Hope this helps clarify the situation​

So why not just say that the decay will be suspended for 24 hours because that is how long it will be(2am to 2am the following day)
I am sorry but 22 hours of one day and 2 hours of the following day is not really 2 days.:confused:
Also UTC is the same as UK time and mana decay happens at 4am UK time(for me at least).

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Potato, potato. (And yes, I know I just used a verbal saying in writing.)

Fact of the matter is that we're stopping the decay twice, meaning you will have two nights (European time) that your decaying resources do not decay. We can argue semantics all day if you like, but isn't it more important that you'll have more resources in the end? ;)

DeletedUser6357

Hope this helps clarify the situation :)
It is not possible to have two events occurring within 24 hours, each of 24 hours. Only one will happen.
That is precisely why the interval for visiting neighbors is 23 hours rather than 24 hours.

Timneh

Artisan
Fact of the matter is that we're stopping the decay twice, meaning you will have two nights (European time) that your decaying resources do not decay.

@Muf-Muf Please answer me this then. If the decay of goods has been cancelled for 24 hours(2am Thursday until 2am Friday) how can that period cover 2 decay times when the decay time is 4am European time.
Would it not have been better to say that 2 instances of goods decay would be cancelled ?

m4rt1n

Adept
UTC=GMT and my Mana I believe decays at 4am GMT, so the times of the announcement seem off by 2 hours unless it is to skip just 1 decay.