• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Mana vs Seeds (not a movie sequel)

Jake65

Sage
Out of curiosity, what is a normal/usual/standard ratio of Mana : seeds to be holding?

I'm currently about 4:1 but up until recently I had 5 or 6 :1

Having to choose between Mana or seeds to produce Elvenarin made me wonder what sort of ratio I should try and maintain.

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Edited to correct my foggy brain mistake. Thanks @m4rt1n for drawing my attention to it.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm a bit confused, where do you need Mana to produce Unurium? Been so long at the end of ch20 I forget how things were a few chapters previously.

In the early days of Unurium I would alternate between seeds and Unurium in the trader but now only make seeds as I get huge amounts of Unurium from spire and residences (Temple of Spirits). My Mana comes from Dragon Abbey and a few event buildings.

My current ratio of mana : seeds is around 2:1, similar amounts of Unurium to Seeds.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm not good with ratios so I'll tell you what I do......I use my dragon abbey to give me mana when I need it (of course you need to have loads of spells on hand), I also have a few mana buildings.....I produce only unurium in my trader at all times with the exception of having a few buildings that also give unurium......and most of my buildings in my city give seeds.....so right now I have about 9 million in mana and as for seeds and unurium, I have about 700K each......so what is the ratio of 9 million to 700K?

edit - I should note that I do not have the Temple of Spirits and I only have 1 factory of each tier for producing

Jake65

Sage
Thanks @kimkimkim & @m4rt1n.
I've only got the flagships so far but production seems out of kilter. The trading centre can produce 12600 Elvenarin in 6 hours but the flagships need a total of 18300 for their 6 hour run.
Can either of you remember if your flagships were idle while waiting for Elvenarin?
I'm currently using PPs or timers to keep up but it seems to early in the chapter to be doing that.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I've only got the flagships so far but production seems out of kilter. The trading centre can produce 12600 Elvenarin in 6 hours but the flagships need a total of 18300 for their 6 hour run.
Can either of you remember if your flagships were idle while waiting for Elvenarin?
I'm currently using PPs or timers to keep up but it seems to early in the chapter to be doing that.
well first let me just say.....when I did that chapter and finally finished it, I compared it to the orc chapter....it took foreverrrrrr!!!!!! and for that reason is why I decided to stop at that chapter in my other city because frankly I just don't think I can go through it again....now your question, honestly I can't remember, I want to say, no they weren't idle because instead of building the large ships to help in production, I went and built many, many of the small ships (I want to say I had at least 10 of each of the small ships).....sorry couldn't help more, it's been a while

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I've blacked out most of that chapter (except for the prawns - they will haunt me forever; and I'm with @kimkimkim in never wanting to go through it again) so I can't really remember, but I probably used PPs at that stage rather than having the flagships being idle. What level is your portal? I feel there should be a better balance when the portal's fully upgraded but can't be sure.

As for your original question: I don't think there's one best ratio, it's whatever meets your needs at the time and your needs change between and even during chapters. (As an example, I had 12 mill mana before I started building the Chapter 19 settlement, and it disappeared in the blink of an eye - and that was just the start.) If your orc production is high enough (mine isn't) you can get enough sentient goods from the Pyramid so you can use seeds for other things.

Jake65

Sage
Does that result in a flathead? Or do you just lose your porpoise in life? I cod liver with that, even if it made me crabby. Having a whale of a time is all that matters. I'll stop sea-horsing around now before I flounder and mackerel a fool of myself. :)
Buoy oh buoy, thanks for the laugh Skyrider99 :D

Jake65

Sage
What level is your portal? I feel there should be a better balance when the portal's fully upgraded but can't be sure.

Only level 2 so far. On the upside I have a level 30 Bloomers which helps :)
I'll need +/-32000 shrimps to get it to level 3 (just for a fingernails on a chalkboard moment for you :D )