• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Making an offer

DeletedUser

I've been trying to set the price for offers and I can't work out how to set it to what I want. I want a few more back than I'm offering; everyone else is asking for more but what I want from them is always set too high. For instance I offered 100 bricks for some metal but I could either set it to 100 for 100 or 100 for 200. I'd be happy with 100 for 130 or 150 metal. How do I alter it please?

DeletedUser3097

• Two stars means you are trading goods for other goods of the same value- it is a fair offer.
  • Three stars means you are receiving goods of a higher value than the ones you are trading- it is a good offer.
  • One star means you are receiving goods of a lower value than the ones you are trading- consider carefully!

Timneh

Artisan
The star ratings tell you if the trade is fair or not. 0 stars means that the trade is very unfair as the person posting the trade wants far more back that they are offering 1 star means slightly unfair 2 stars is fair and 3 stars is a bargain as the person posting the trade wants less back that they are offering. Planks and steel are worth the same so if you offer 100 planks but ask for 200 steel that would be 0 stars if you asked for 120 steel that would be 1 star if you ask for 100 steel it would be 2 stars and if you asked for less steel than you offer it would be 3 stars. The trader sets the number of stars.

DeletedUser4649

my question is:
I want to help the player from their team to make better progress. I currently have an excess of elixir. the player I want to help need elixir.
is it a problem if I take player offers like:
he is offering 100 dust for 400 elixir?

and if we do same trade few times in a week?

Timneh

Artisan
If you are happy to take trades like that then there is no problem. You can make or take any trades that you want if you are happy to do so.

DeletedUser

A few people have done that for me. The thing is to time it well so someone not from your Fellowship doesn't grab the trade! Go to the trader as soon as the fellow member offers it. Might seem obvious but I thought I'd mention it. :)

DeletedUser3097

A few people have done that for me. The thing is to time it well so someone not from your Fellowship doesn't grab the trade! Go to the trader as soon as the fellow member offers it. Might seem obvious but I thought I'd mention it. :)

The way round that is for you to put in the offer so that no-one else will want it.

my question is:
I want to help the player from their team to make better progress. I currently have an excess of elixir. the player I want to help need elixir.
is it a problem if I take player offers like:
he is offering 100 dust for 400 elixir?

and if we do same trade few times in a week?
This is perfectly acceptable and is teamwork at its best.

When I started playing, one of my neighbours helped me out with generous trades. I now try to try and help some people in the same way. Hopefully the person you are helping will do the same. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1668

Trading is fun when fair , but because so many people where I am need the same few goods scrolls and dust other players are really taking advantage really rubbish zero star trades because they can . This was made worse after the game changed the way you could trade with the trade. It has got to the point where trades stay on the trade post until they expire. Players in world are really struggling , it is having an impact on our game.

Please sort out the trading Shame you cannot have a once a person opportunity to change your boosted goods it might help rather than most people needing the same goods

DeletedUser1668

Ok shortages serve a purpose: we all work together to get what we each need. Find a f/s to join. Go for one with a mix of levels and try to be a score somewhere near the middle. Lots you can help, lots to help you
|Thanks for that We have a great fellowship but it would mean some of us would have to move as we have mostly the same trade, we do not have neighbours that trade the items we need so as good as you thought your suggestion was it does not help. WE get 6 or 7 chests most tournes and we finished in the top 25 at the most recent team event. So shortages do not serve a purpose they are not working in out realm and it is affecting the game